Roof mount light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is my experience with ADD windshield Brakets and 50 Rigid light bar. The second I drove the truck home after my mechanic put it on it vibrated the steel bracket and was howling like a wolf. This is a steel quality bracket that is riveted in...I stopped a couple of times and adjusted the angle but it did not help a bit plus you would compromise how the light performs versus the wrong angle to quite it down. It does not and would not work.

I spent the whole weekend on jeep forums and you tube researching this situation.

This is the solution that worked very well.

I went to hardware store and bought a door seal kit. Make sure you buy the 3M plastic back. the other side is about 1 inch long rubber and would prevent the air going from under the windshield and creating a swirl that would go into the cooling fins and create the whistle. all you need to do is peel the adhesive tape and stick the plastic part between the first and the second bottom cooling fin. they come in 32 inch strips so buy 2 of them and measure and cut if your bar is 50 inch.

I also installed from Amazon Rigid noise delete rubber bushings come in a pack of three. and I used clear silicone to adhere them to the bar by evenly spacing them.

the end result you can angle the light bar how you want it, and the noise at 65-70 and on is like was said above is a slight wind noise. No more whistling vibrating super loud alien noises. with the radio on you can talk and its kind of there but not really.

Attachments

• light bar 001.jpg
    light bar 001.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 145
  • light bar 002.jpg
    light bar 002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The noise doesn't come from the screws, it comes from the wind being deflected up above the light and in between the light and the roof.. The best way to combat this is with the rubber inserts on the back fins of the light bar, usually cuts down on 90% of the wind noise you'll hear

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my experience with ADD windshield Brakets and 50 Rigid light bar. The second I drove the truck home after my mechanic put it on it vibrated the steel bracket and was howling like a wolf. This is a steel quality bracket that is riveted in...I stopped a couple of times and adjusted the angle but it did not help a bit plus you would compromise how the light performs versus the wrong angle to quite it down. It does not and would not work.

I spent the whole weekend on jeep forums and you tube researching this situation.

This is the solution that worked very well.

I went to hardware store and bought a door seal kit. Make sure you buy the 3M plastic back. the other side is about 1 inch long rubber and would prevent the air going from under the windshield and creating a swirl that would go into the cooling fins and create the whistle. all you need to do is peel the adhesive tape and stick the plastic part between the first and the second bottom cooling fin. they come in 32 inch strips so buy 2 of them and measure and cut if your bar is 50 inch.

I also installed from Amazon Rigid noise delete rubber bushings come in a pack of three. and I used clear silicone to adhere them to the bar by evenly spacing them.

the end result you can angle the light bar how you want it, and the noise at 65-70 and on is like was said above is a slight wind noise. No more whistling vibrating super loud alien noises. with the radio on you can talk and its kind of there but not really.

Fantastic! I have been very curious and the OP asked a great question. Can I pardon you for 2-3 night shots of your Radiance windshield set up? I want to see the light pattern.

Thanks. I will most likely copy your set up.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not a problem just text me to 856 981 7129. I can take some pics at night time for you. its really cool with the background lighting.
dennis

Ricks_y

Reaction score
so I tried something different. i HAVE A 54" CURVED LED. I went to home depot and got a rubber sealer for the bottom of the garage door, 3m tape adhesive. i put one end in the 2nd fin from the bottom with adhesive. I have a choice of letting it hang out or fitting the other end to the forth or fifth fin up. 30-65 mph has no noise, note-windshield wiper will hit the rubber if hanging out.
truck1.JPG

truck2.JPG

TRUCK 3.JPG

Last edited:

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to get wind noise no matter what. You are sticking a flat faced bar in a pretty heavy air flow area.

I have a 50" single row Rigid on SoCal Supertrucks mounts. (There is a pretty good threa on it if you search)

Initally things were rough, whistles and lots of noise. So I put on a set of covers and then trough some trial and error found that if you put small tubing in the space between the fins it cuts the noise down a bunch. I even tried running the bar with the smooth side down with good results but I couldn't leave it that way with the winters here.

I think it is the best place for a light in terms of gettting the best light out ahead of the truck.

If you like your truck nice and quiet then look for another solution.

If you want a good light pattern then this is it. (There is a reason the trophy trucks mount lights here)

Ricks_y

Reaction score
I dont mind the noise, considering i hear my tires more then anything else.

just want minimize the whistle.

If you put tubing in between the fins( will it still cool it down?)