Roof mount light bar glare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would fix it cheaper. I would buy 20% window tint or vinyl film to black it out and put a very small strip where the light hits the hood. I have blacked out parts of lights on other projects in a similar way.

I would follow these steps:
I would have someone sit in the truck and help you find the glare edge. You need a whiteboard pen, measuring tape, a piece of cardboard and a straight edge.

Start off by defining the outside edge of the glare which will be where you can start the tint. Use the cardboard to block the light until you can find the edge of the glare. Draw a vertical line, then do the next side. Then with the same technique find the top edge of the glare. Now use a strait edge to connect the lines. Measure, cut and paste. This will allow you to keep the maximum amount of light and cut your glare down to 20%. Cheap and easy!

justoffroad

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but here is a bump for a product that fixes this problem..

d=F65495F74AC3FF8D50B6&disposition=0&alloworigin=1.jpg
its available at justoffroad.org