Rock lights as Bed Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered some pods from @Olympus Offroad during their black friday sale and it came with a set of rock lights. I don't really have much need for rock lights so I figured I would try and use them as bed lights since I have a bed cover and they actually worked out perfect.

I just used some 3M Automotive mounting tape to mount them on the rails and then wired them to a switch at the back of the bed. I cut my bed rug around the switch and because of the thickness of the bed rug, the switch almost fits flush.

I was worried that only two lights on one side wouldn't be enough but the pattern is pretty wide and puts out more than enough light.

Attachments

• Bed lights1.jpg
    Bed lights1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Bed lights2.jpg
    Bed lights2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 96
Reaction score
So I ordered some pods from @Olympus Offroad during their black friday sale and it came with a set of rock lights. I don't really have much need for rock lights so I figured I would try and use them as bed lights since I have a bed cover and they actually worked out perfect.

I just used some 3M Automotive mounting tape to mount them on the rails and then wired them to a switch at the back of the bed. I cut my bed rug around the switch and because of the thickness of the bed rug, the switch almost fits flush.

I was worried that only two lights on one side wouldn't be enough but the pattern is pretty wide and puts out more than enough light.

The uses people have for these lights are amazing! This is cool!

-Daniel

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they these lights?
wp_20130425_002_thumbnail.jpg

I've been thinking about grabbing a couple of these to use as backup lights to help out the rear camera.

OP
OP
goathearder

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use for your power source?

I have a bus bar (https://www.bluesea.com/products/2723/DualBus_Plus_150A_BusBar_-_5_16in-18_Stud_5_Gang) mounted in the bed already that I use to power my air compressor. The bus bar is connected directly to the battery with some 6 ga wire and then I just connected the power and ground on the lights to one of the terminals on the bus bar.

Are they these lights?
wp_20130425_002_thumbnail.jpg

I've been thinking about grabbing a couple of these to use as backup lights to help out the rear camera.

Yep, those are the ones! They are way brighter than I expected.