Rigid wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have everything mounted up - now for the fun part ha! figure its a 6 pack job :)

10 Duallys up front (6 spot, 4 flood)
20 " bar in bumper
2 Duallys in back bumper

- Thinking of putting all front duallys on switch 1 , wire all hot leads together and all ground together (but I could put spots on one switch and the floods on another?)
- 20" on switch 2
- rear bumper duallys on switch 3 -

Thoughts?

Please post links to wiring help that might save me some time ..(I can't find Birdmans instructions which are referenced in other posts as good?) ( also I still can't figure out why the upfitter switches aren't just wired straight through to engine compartment?)

Thanks -

Attachments

• Lotta lights.jpg
    Lotta lights.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have everything mounted up - now for the fun part ha! figure its a 6 pack job :)

10 Duallys up front (6 spot, 4 flood)
20 " bar
2 Duallys in back bumper

- Thinking of putting all front duallys on switch 1 , wire all hot leads together and all ground together (but I could put spots on one switch and the floods on another?)
- 20" on switch 2
- rear bumper duallys on switch 3 -

Thoughts?

Please post links to wiring help (can't find Birdmans which is referenced as good?) ( also I still can't figure out why the upfitter switches aren't just wired straight through to engine compartment?)

Thanks -

First question do you plan to add more lights or any other accessories down the road? If so you'll be doing the extra switches mod, if not then best bet is to separate the floods from the spots,
SWITCH #1 6 spots, SWITCH #2 floods, SWITCH #3 20" bar, SWITCH #4 Rear duallys, add a relay to the system so the rears come on when in revers, and can be switched on if needed any other time. 1 thought others will chime in. Also use terminal blocks for your wiring of the lights, so if by chance one should fail, your not pulling a ton of wiring apart for just one light.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/%A1m%E1s-factory-upfitters-easy-access-wiring-30527/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170...r-switches-20335/?highlight=upfitter+switches

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First question do you plan to add more lights or any other accessories down the road? If so you'll be doing the extra switches mod, if not then best bet is to separate the floods from the spots,
SWITCH #1 6 spots, SWITCH #2 floods, SWITCH #3 20" bar, SWITCH #4 Rear duallys, add a relay to the system so the rears come on when in revers, and can be switched on if needed any other time. 1 thought others will chime in. Also use terminal blocks for your wiring of the lights, so if by chance one should fail, your not pulling a ton of wiring apart for just one light.

I think this is everything I will be putting on the switches, so your switch set up sounds good.

I like your idea of having the rears come on in reverse ... I'm not familiar with how to wire the relay ... Maybe someone can post a how-to link on that.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have power at my Aux3 switch (switch light works) but no power at the AUX3 wire behind the glovebox, can I rule out a relay wiring problem? Seems like the relay is between the power and the switch?

Is this the inline order?

12V - fuse - relay -switch - wires under dash

Sorry, off topic, I started a new post on this issue

Last edited: