Rigid vs. Aurora - A comparison 3 months later....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03stage2

Reaction score
So about 3 months ago I ordered the rigid D2 fog kit for the raptor. I ordered the driving pair and was very pleased with my purchase.

After much debate and research on the forums I decided to pull the trigger on the auroras for my second set. I went with a spot since my rigids were flood and I also upgraded to the 10 watt model. The order process with Aurora was a nightmare and I waited over a month to finally get them. I had watched all the torture test videos for aurora and they sold me on their quality.

Once I finally received them I installed them which was fairly straight forward. When I tested them against the Rigids they honestly didn't seem any brighter nor did they project any further which I thought was odd since these were supposed to be spots and the upgraded 10 watt units. I decided it must just be me and stuck it out with them.

Here i sit 3 months later and the Auroras are not holding up well at all. The mounting brackets are rusting badly, the body of the fogs are fading, and I get condensation on the inside glass of both units. I wrote aurora about the issues and have never heard a word back. The units both still work however when they fog the light is cut down quite a bit.

I guess I re-learned the age old truth that you get what you pay for. Nothing but Rigid for me from here on out.....

rigid.jpg

OP
OP
03stage2

03stage2

Reaction score
I think it's also important to mention that unfortunately the truck has not been taken off road in any way shape or form since these lights were installed (work is consuming my life). The corrosion you're seeing is all from summer sun and rain, nothing more.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like to see this stuff. I'm sorry for your issues with the Aurora products. If you want to swap over to Hyperspot D2 Rigid's, let me know.

Good to see some honest reviews for a Chinese light vs. Rigid

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03stage2 brother I am sorry you had to have a bad experience like that...

That's why I try and buy Name-brand, Flagship-product all the time to avoid issues later on down the road.

Buy Once, Cry Once. Learned it and Live by it myself.

OP
OP
03stage2

03stage2

Reaction score
Honestly the point of this post is I would just like to save others from going through the headache I have been through. Rigid was kind enough to reach out to me which amplify's their dedication to customer service.

You know, in the back of my mind I knew I had bought a China product but figured I would get a few years out of them. To have this many issues over only a few months really reinforces what a poor product the Auroras have been for me.

I do not represent any product or company. I'm just a guy from Ohio who wants to save other Raptor owners from making the same mistake I did.

Stay safe out there!

PS: Here is a pic from this evening, 80 degrees after heavy rains; fog and rust galore....

rsz_dscn1914.jpg

Last edited:

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird had mine since march maybe sooner with no rust or issues. Funny enough my add bumper is already rusting in spots

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. All my bumper lights are Aurora and have been very pleased with them. Yes, the housing is beginning to fade, but so are my Rigid's. I use my fogs almost every day. The 20" is great. Unfortunately I don't have a real Rigid bar to compare to over here, but I helped out my buddies business and they work for me.