Rigid rear LED's to ADD Venom Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I have a 2012 that I put Venom Bumper on. I added the Rigid rear lights and decided to wire today after 2+ years. I pulled the taillights out and tapped the stripped wire then grounded to frame. I just want the lights to come on with reverse. However, when I connect everything NONE of the lights come on in reverse. I am ASSUMING there is a voltage feedback that is causing this and perhaps I should go directly to trailer hitch, I believe center pin. Any help is appreciated.

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tested the Rigid lights to make sure they are still working? I've had several Rigids get water damage over the years.

OP
OP
RV-Junke

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, what was weird is I had them working with key in aux mode. Then I buttoned it all up fired the truck up and nothing worked. Then I un-hooked the Rigids and the BackUp lights worked again. So in short 100% Rigid lights work...its like there is a feedback loop or something. I am just wondering if its ok to tap the light socket direct...Thanks for the replay and help.

Have you tested the Rigid lights to make sure they are still working? I've had several Rigids get water damage over the years.

OP
OP
RV-Junke

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone wants to know the outcome...I could NOT get the two Rigid lights to work when I wired to the taillights directly at light bulb. I could get one to light but when I added the 2nd directly to the other rear light the whole circuit and all backup lights turned off. Tried wiring both to one light bulb socket same result all backup lights turned off. Ended up tapping directly to the trailer hitch in the end. Oh well, I tried avoiding to do that. 5min project turned into several hours!