Rigid RDS? Anyone? For the Love of God...

Going to Buy Rigid RDS (next year or two)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what are you waiting for? Your excited enough about them, been jonesing for 6 months and say you have the money for 4 of them. Buy it already!

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are you waiting for? Your excited enough about them, been jonesing for 6 months and say you have the money for 4 of them. Buy it already!

Meh, good point.

I am looking forward to Leave in another 6 Months so I'll have to wait till then to get the truck back to TX and the Lighting put in. Ugh... the wait... tsk haha.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should run ALL of them. One on each side of the roof. Two on the front bumper. One on the rear bumper.

That should solve all the problems.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy.. I agree with many and disagree with many. This being said you nailed the perfect answer by basically saying "because I want to" Nuff said..

Now what I will say about your future setup.. I can't wait to see this!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Well the radius was designed to curve with either curved front bumpers or curved windshields to do an above or flush with roof mounting solution. That being said, a radius would not look right on the back. The back of the cab is flat. The radius is curved. If you really want to do this, get a 40" straight for rear facing, a 54" windshield mount, and maybe a 30" or 40" on one of the rogue racing bumpers. Hell they even have bumpers designed to hold two 40" radius bars. 1 54" radius above the windshield, 2 40" radius in the front bumper and a 40" out back will be more than enough.

I have 2 duallies in the back, 2 30" straight light bars on the front and 2 4.5" led light cannons up by the windshield. It is a ton of light. Its just right. Honestly the only thing I need is a little 45° lighting or "cornering lights". That could be alleviated with some wide angle duallies or some Baja designs cornering lights. Either way. The goal behind lighting is simple:

ma9eva8y.jpg

Basically you need flood for up close, cornering, then the next 3 forward zones. That's your ultimate lighting set up. 2 54's above the windshield will put alot of light in ONE area. Also you need to think about hood glare.

Its your decision, I can't wait to see the finished product.

My thoughts though with the radius, your beam pattern would be light this

rygy2ysu.jpg

My reasoning behind this is the radius is flood in the middle and spot on the outside. The areas x-ed out will be the areas that need help.

But if you are just using it to blind people, then yeah 2 54" radius above the windshield is plenty

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk