GEN 1 Rigid Radiance Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falotz2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just purchased the 20" Rigid Radiance light bar with the Amber backlighting. My question is that the light requires to switches (for backlight and one for LED Lights). Can I run the light to my upfitter using 2 switches or do I have to run a separate switch. Also should I run it to switch 3 and 4 since they are lower amperage fuses? Anyone install this light on their truck yet??

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just purchased the 20" Rigid Radiance light bar with the Amber backlighting. My question is that the light requires to switches (for backlight and one for LED Lights). Can I run the light to my upfitter using 2 switches or do I have to run a separate switch. Also should I run it to switch 3 and 4 since they are lower amperage fuses? Anyone install this light on their truck yet??

Are there two separate wires for the different functions? If so, 3 and 4 would work just fine IMO

OP
OP
F

falotz2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are. I don't want to purchase the $79.99 harness because I think its a waste. Sucks that it will take up two switches for one light bar

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are. I don't want to purchase the $79.99 harness because I think its a waste. Sucks that it will take up two switches for one light bar

It doesn't have to take two switches, but if you want to have both functions separate, there really is no other way. If you don't care, then you can wire them into the same switch (assuming that switch will support the AMPs). I am considering a 20" light bar to compliment my NVE's, and I may wire them all into switch 1. All have to come on and off at the same time, but I don't think I care enough to do another set of passthrough wires. :)

OP
OP
F

falotz2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent had time to install it yet. I will when I get time to put it in

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was mentioned on another post to have the back light wire go directly to your running lights. Then you're only using 1 Aux switch

Any chance you recall where they talk about this? I just ordered a 20" and 50" and I like this option.

Thank you

P.S. I'm searching now, but haven't found it as of this post

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any chance you recall where they talk about this? I just ordered a 20" and 50" and I like this option.

Thank you

P.S. I'm searching now, but haven't found it as of this post

I don't recall who but for example I have my "SVT" Fender Logos spliced into my front corner marker lights. Once my running lights come on the "SVT" comes on.

I would think it would be that easy... Run your hot for the Background Radiance Lights direct to the marker lights. Then run your hot for the main setup to your Aux switch. Be sure to check your fuse size and make sure it's good.

Things to keep in mind though - by doing this, your background lighting will ALWAYS be on when your running lights are on. You can only shut them down by turning off EVERY light not connected to the AUX switches.

Also - depending on the color of your background light you may not want this option as you don't want the blues-reds always on regardless of how dim they are...