Rigid "Midnight Edition"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am looking for some light bars to add to a bed mounted light rack/faux light bar set up I am having built for me. Being that my truck is completely blacked out I liked the look of the Rigid "Midnight Edition" bars they make. I am wondering if anyone has run these or have seen them in person?? I am curious if the lenses really do look as black and seamless as they appear on their website. Is their "transparent black enamel coating" truly transparent? I find it hard to believe that you don't loose some light or they really aren't that dark to begin with. I appreciate and am looking for honest feedback and first person real world usage from you all here and not the sales guy trying to make a sale and telling me they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I searched for anything on here already concerning them but all I get back is sales ending at "midnight" and "special edition" 2014's.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are a couple up close pictures that show more detail than the pictures you normally see that make the lights look jet black:

2015-11-10_00-34-52.jpg

2015-11-10_00-34-50.jpg

In all honesty, yes you will be losing some light output. Will it be a huge impact? That will depend on what your needs are and how fast you travel off-road.

If you're going for all out lighting performance, then I would steer you away from them. If you're willing to sacrifice some output to achieve the aesthetics you want, then I'd say they work for you. You just have to weigh the pros and cons and determine which you prefer.

If you'd like some more information or have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

OP
OP
Mike175

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics Thank you so very much for the pictures and unbiased report. I really appreciate that. I do like the look but for the price I prefer function, that's the whole reason we buy them right? You confirmed what I have suspected to be true about light output, so thank you!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics Thank you so very much for the pictures and unbiased report. I really appreciate that. I do like the look but for the price I prefer function, that's the whole reason we buy them right? You confirmed what I have suspected to be true about light output, so thank you!

You're quite welcome, Mike. I'm glad I could help.