Rigid Industries Radiance Pods Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about installing 4 Rigid Industries Radiance Series Pods. These pods have an independent backlight function which makes it a little more complicated. I'm pretty sure each pod has 3 wires coming out of the back. Positive, negative, and I assume the 3rd is for the backlight function. Could I tie all 4 red wires together, and run those to the 1st AUX switch, tie all 4 grounds together, tie those to the negative terminal, and then finally tie all 4 of the backlight wires together, and run that to the AUX 2? I really just don't want to spend more money on the optional wiring harness so I want to know if this will work! Thanks guys

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't see why you couldn't do that. I have the 40" without the wire harness, but I tied my backlighting to the parking lights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that too, tying the backlight wire to the running lights. I'm sure that would be easier too. I think I just want to run them to a switch so I can control them so they won't be on every time I turn my headlights on. So you didn't use the wiring harness or anything other than just plain old insulated wire to tie everything up? No additional relay or anything? It wouldn't be as complicated with just a light bar but the 4 pods will just take a little more time to tie all the wires together.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that too, tying the backlight wire to the running lights. I'm sure that would be easier too. I think I just want to run them to a switch so I can control them so they won't be on every time I turn my headlights on. So you didn't use the wiring harness or anything other than just plain old insulated wire to tie everything up? No additional relay or anything? It wouldn't be as complicated with just a light bar but the 4 pods will just take a little more time to tie all the wires together.

Yep I just used regular wire to wire it to my aux switches, no harness. The aux switches in the truck already have relays and fuses installed, so no need for anything else.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should come with a switch. You could wire all the actual lights to Aux X and the wire the radiance portion to an actual on/off switch.

OP
OP
P

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
You have to order the wiring kit for these lights separately unfortunately. And yeah I thought about running the backlight to an on/off switch but I've got 4 Aux switches so might as well use them haha. I'll never use all 4 switches anyways.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You say this now.

Let me dig through my box of junk and see if I can find one for you.

awickedtruth

Reaction score
Is there any information on where to tie into the parking lights... I’m doing the same on a 2018 Raptor and not sure where to find power to the parking lights.