Rigid Industries Light Bar Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if there is already a thread on this somewhere. I recently installed a 30" rigid industries radiance light bar. It has been working flawlessly for about a month. My OEM HID's are malfunctioning and my high beams don't work, therefore I use my light bar as my "brights". With that being said, I'm constantly turning the light bar on and off. However, last night I was driving home and using it like normal. I was about to pass a car so I turned it off, then as soon as the car passed me I flipped the switch back on. But the light bar didn't turn on? I turned the switch back off for about a minute, flipped the switch again, and it worked? This happened multiple times. It almost seems like the bar is requiring a "cool down" period? Which makes no sense seeing as I never have the bar on for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. If I turn the light bar on, it will stay on. But as soon as I turn it off and try to turn it back on real quick, it won't start back up for a least 20-30 seconds. Any ideas? I'm completely stumped

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that was me I would contact Rigid and file a warranty claim. I would video record the malfunction as proof to support the claim and get a replacement. I am sure with proof Rigid would 100% fulfill the warranty.

I believe your light bar is faulty and what you are experiencing is not a "cool down" feature. Rigid claims they stand behind their product so keep us posted. Good luck.

I own Rigid lights and use them a ton. Honestly. I have had them for awhile and have never experienced the issue you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
Yeah I am currently waiting on a reply from rigid. I have the light bar wired to the AUX1 switch and it just now started doing this? I simply ran the power wire of the light bar to the Aux 1 pass through wire, and grounded the black wire to the frame. The Aux switches already have fuses and relays correct? I am no wiring expert but from what I read before installing, this is all you should have to do? It can't be a problem with the fuse because the light bar wouldn't turn on at all if that was the case....

OP
OP
P

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
Dewalt could you explain please? As I said, I'm not an expert in any of this electrical stuff. I can wire it, but that's about it hahaha

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Had my Duallies replaced after 2 yrs. rusted and inconsistent working, Rigid was top notch to deal with. Sent them back and received a new set.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you wire to the wire on the inside of the cab or the engine bay?

If inside the cab, that wire is only for the relay and not for load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PeytonW1313

Reaction score
The 8 wires behind the glove box, I spliced the two wires together needed to power the AUX1 switch. I then ran the red wire coming out of the light bar to the same pass through wire in the engine bay located right behind the battery. (The other end of that same wire was one of the two wires I spliced together behind glove box). That's all I did. And of course grounded the black wire. The only wiring work on the inside of the cab was splicing the 2 appropriate wires together to provide power to AUX1