Rigid Industries FTW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right!! Good thing they dont cost $900. Got my Rigid 20 for under $600. :peace:

Correct. Maybe he is thinking of the Rigid 40?

As for Chinese products, for me the poor quality of most Chinese products has destroyed any confidence that there could actually be good, much less superior, products coming out of China.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct. Maybe he is thinking of the Rigid 40?

As for Chinese products, for me the poor quality of most Chinese products has destroyed any confidence that there could actually be good, much less superior, products coming out of China.

I completely understand your concern and i hope to change that through positive reviews on this forum :peace::peace::peace:

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it turns out there are lots of Chinese products out there that are higher quality than their more expensive US made counterparts. I'm not saying that's true in this case but it is in a lot of products I've seen lately.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it turns out there are lots of Chinese products out there that are higher quality than their more expensive US made counterparts. I'm not saying that's true in this case but it is in a lot of products I've seen lately.

Which products? Please share some examples.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After seeing thousands of insurance claims from home owners around the county.......

I can tell you Chinese Drywall (sheetrock) is not one of them!!!!!! :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which products? Please share some examples.

I bought a $90 US made wood rack (for stacking fire wood outside my house) It's made of fairly thin tube metal and the paint was rough textured (and peeling already) it also did not have bracing to keep the two half's from separating at the bottom. When I bought it I thought, well its expensive but its made in america so it should be better than the cheap Chinese one at my local hardware store. I decided I needed another wood rack so I bought a $39 Chinese made one sold locally because I was in a hurry to get my firewood put away. It was made of thicker gauge tubing had a better semi-gloss powder coat, had bracing and was much sturdier in general. Now they both work fine, but which one was really a better value?

I never said it was true for all American products so don't freak out. I'll pay more for the American made product if it is higher quality anyday. So far I haven't seen any comparisons between M&R and Rigid so by all means write one! Besides I'm not entirely certain from reading their website that Rigid uses 100% American parts. Just like most of your Raptor is made in Mexico and bolted together here in the US.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a $90 US made wood rack (for stacking fire wood outside my house) It's made of fairly thin tube metal and the paint was rough textured (and peeling already) it also did not have bracing to keep the two half's from separating at the bottom. When I bought it I thought, well its expensive but its made in america so it should be better than the cheap Chinese one at my local hardware store. I decided I needed another wood rack so I bought a $39 Chinese made one sold locally because I was in a hurry to get my firewood put away. It was made of thicker gauge tubing had a better semi-gloss powder coat, had bracing and was much sturdier in general. Now they both work fine, but which one was really a better value?

I never said it was true for all American products so don't freak out. I'll pay more for the American made product if it is higher quality anyday. So far I haven't seen any comparisons between M&R and Rigid so by all means write one!

Probably only because M&R is fairly new here.

The light output between Rigid and M&R is almost the same.

The pricing for M&R is better than Rigid.

From what I've seen thus far, both M&R and Rigid have great customer service.

I think the big remaining factor is Longevity.....Rigid has been around for a long time...time will tell for M&R. :peace:

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
I have 2 40 " 4 20" 1 30 " and 2 dully ridged lights on my truck and have not had one problem. I personally would not buy Chinese made products I don't care how good that are suppose to be. Thea's days we need to keep as of are money here as we can . And I'm with big j no need to trot your horn everything someone says something about ridged that itself would keep me from buying m& r products .
a6cd0888-d032-bdd2.jpg

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with my Rigid Dually Product. That's why I started this thread! IMO Its ok for M&R to stick their heads in. Its just Business! They are trying to compete which always good for the consumer.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with my Rigid Dually Product. That's why I started this thread! IMO Its ok for M&R to stick their heads in. Its just Business! They are trying to compete which always good for the consumer.

Exactly.....Not trying to step on anyones toes. Just offering an alternative quality product