Rigid Industries Dually Light defect...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good morning esteemed Forum members:
Just an update regarding Dully Lights from Rigid Industries and an issue with condensation forming inside the lenses:
In June of 2012, I purchased and installed the following from Rigid Industries:
• Dually D2 Driving Beam LEDs
• Dually D2 Wide Beam LEDs
• Mounting Bracket
After waiting for 8 weeks for the mounting bracket to arrive, I was finally able to have a local dealership install the lights. I am very impressed with the set up so far, with the exception of a recent occurrence.
The Wide Beam Lights are still performing admirably, but the Driving Lights accumulate condensation inside the lens. This causes the beam to be dissipated considerably, not to mention that it looks like hell. I contacted Rigid Industries. They were accommodating and indicated that they have recently revised their warranty policy. The defective lights must now be returned to them to be “repaired”. They cover the shipping, defective parts, and labour. I have removed the 2 defective driving lights and am hoping the ship them to Rigid Industries today, and will keep you appraised of my progress, and when I receive the repaired lights.
I have attached a picture of the defective lights that I am sending back. I have only heard of one other Forum member having this issue. Please feel free to share your thoughts and input.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Dually Lights with Condensation.jpg
    Dually Lights with Condensation.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 90

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I had condensation with my original duallies, rigid fixed them with no charge to me. My D2s have no condensation issues though.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it seems like rigid is standing behind their products. good job on the companys part. lets hope they get repaired and work right.

OP
OP
northernraptor2012
Reaction score
The great thing about Rigid is they will fix this and make it right.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hearing from most forum members that Rigid will stand behind their product and make this right. It would seem that the condensation issue is one that has been ongoing since 2010. Obviously, it is a matter that is not fully resolved, but one that I hope won't repeat itself. :) I'll post a response once the light are mounted back onto my front bumper.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
northernraptor2012
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm hearing from most forum members that Rigid will stand behind their product and make this right. It would seem that the condensation issue is one that has been ongoing since 2010. Obviously, it is a matter that is not fully resolved, but one that I hope won't repeat itself. :) I'll post a response once the light are mounted back onto my front bumper.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I received the replacement Dually Driving Lights today, to replace the lights that were accumulating condensation in them. Overall, I am please with how thhe Customer Relations Dept. handled this matter. Initially, they wanted me to send in the lights for repair, which would have entailed a much longer wait time, but I would have been okay with this as a solution as well. I guess in closing, I hope that this apparent ongoing issue can be resolved by Rigid Industries so that their product can live up to their advertized standards.

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
northernraptor2012,

Glad we could get this issue resolved in a timely matter. As you know we stand by our product 100%. We are continuously working on our products to make it better so we can remain the leader in LED technology. Thank you again for supporting Rigid Industries and an American Made product.

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of the standard Duallys installed. They have been on for about two or three weeks and have started to collect water inside the lens. Should I contact the vendor that sold me the lights or contact Rigid directly? I may consider upgrading to the D2s if I can replace these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check with your vendor first. If that does not work give Rigid a call. You can also take off the lenses and reseal them, but talk to Rigid tech before doing so.