Rigid industries 54" led

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanwilder

Reaction score
I finally got my 54" mounted up. Love the look and it's bright as shit. Only problem I am having is wind noise. Anyone else have these issues? Anything I can do? I posted a few pics of it mounted up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
V

Vanwilder

Reaction score
I ran the wiring between the window and A pillar. Came out pretty clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 77

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
The wind noise is from the heat sinks on the back. I've heard of people putting weather stripping between them. I'm not sure what this will do to the heat dissipating properties, but as long as you are moving, i'm sure it would be fine.

Snowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Had a 50" SR on my Jeep and it created daylight. That one must replicate the sun.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally got my 54" mounted up. Love the look and it's bright as shit. Only problem I am having is wind noise. Anyone else have these issues? Anything I can do? I posted a few pics of it mounted up.

Yes, this problem is very common! There is only one solution I recommend for the perfect look and actually works. Rigid produces a special product made for the roof mounted light bars. They are called Harmonic Resonance Dampers (or E-Series Resonance Dampers). I have them installed on my Rigid 50". It's amazing the difference it made with noise.

I don't know how you buy them because they aren't on their site. I got mine for free from a vendor that does a lot of business with Rigid. Maybe you can call Rigid? You will need three or four for the 54" RDS.