Rigid Dually mounts not good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have had 2 sets of Rigid D2's sitting on the shelf for several months. The original plan was to mount them on an aftermarket bumper. Had some bumper issues so the aftermarket unit was not installed. So I decided to buy the Rigid bracket and mount the D2's in the factory bumper openings. Ordered the brackets and first thing I noticed is no instructions. After some playing with them I figured out the correct orientation and clamped them in place. I soon discovered them situation several others have complained about. There is no way that the lights will fit in the bumper opening without making contact with the bumper. I ended up making a 7/16" spacer to go between the light and the bracket. Of course that means the supplied mounting bolts for the D2's is now too short. Fortunately I am in the fastener business so I have access to longer bolts. Next complaint is the supplied TEK (self drilling) screws for the brackets. There is not a worse style of fastener to use for an over the road application. They will vibrate loose and fall out. Not to mention the zinc finish is going to rust very quickly. Simple machine screws and nylon insert lock nuts are a far better choice. Go the extra mile and use stainless steel. Myself I will be using stainless steel structural rivets to mount mine. Won't rust and no way the will vibrate loose. One complaint on the D2's. Thy use a stainless socket head screw and nylon insert lock nut to attach the bracket to the light. Very good. However they use a steel zinc carriage bolt and a non-locking nut for the light mount. For the cost of these the carriage bolt should be stainless and the nut should be a nylon insert lock nut.

If you are considering these be aware that you will likely have to make modifications for them to fit.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There were mount issues early on with some Rigid's, but they fixed in production and took care of everyone who ended up with the bad mounts. Not sure if that's what's going on here, but maybe seeing as how you bought yours a while ago? Maybe give them or ADD a call and see if either can help ya out?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Built my own bracket plates and bolted them to the radiator/bumper support with 3, grade 8, 3/8's hex bolts per side. Those self tappers that Rigid supplies in those kits is a joke. I also changed out the other bolts supplied with the lights, those are kinda a joke too.

OP
OP
SilverBolt

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
There were mount issues early on with some Rigid's, but they fixed in production and took care of everyone who ended up with the bad mounts. Not sure if that's what's going on here, but maybe seeing as how you bought yours a while ago? Maybe give them or ADD a call and see if either can help ya out?

Lights were bought months ago. The brackets shipped from Rigid last week.

DB06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with mounting the rigid dullies in the stock bumper cutouts. The passenger side fit great, the drivers side setup hit the bumper. After taking a few measurements, I found out the front bumper came from the factory out of alignment. Once I adjusted the front bumper so that it was level, the D2s fit OK. Maybe something else going on in your case - not sure. Agree on the self tapping screws, I ended up using stainless bolts/nuts.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine never fit properly on the old Raptor and there is no way in hell they're getting mounted on my new truck without a different bumper. Loved the lights, loved the looks, but hated the disaster.