Rigid Dually Lens Cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just observed this today.
The Rigid Lens on the Driver Beam cracking on the Driver side and beginning to show crack on the Passenger side.

Wondering to chime in to Rigid to see if this is covered under warranty of some kind. Have had them for 3 years now. And all was ok :(

Attachments

• 20161129_172946.jpg
    20161129_172946.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20161129_173015.jpg
    20161129_173015.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20161129_173028.jpg
    20161129_173028.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20161129_173038.jpg
    20161129_173038.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20161129_173104.jpg
    20161129_173104.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 93

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid will cover it as long as you're the original purchaser and have proof of purchase. They changed up their warranty policy in the last couple of years and it now sucks to have warranty work done if you have an issue with their lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
renegadeagle

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this from RIGID. Had to repeat information already sent.
Even sent copy of my invoice.

warranty <[email protected]>

7:21 PM (35 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Santiago,
Please email us back with a picture of your light, that has the cracked lens, as long as the cracks were not caused by a rock or debris or a collision, we can cover it under warranty. Please respond back with the requested information below, so we can see if we can cover you under warranty, if it was caused by a rock or debris or a collision, please email us back requesting a service quote if need be.

I am sorry you are having problems with some of our product. My name is Carrie and I am in the warranty dept. and would be glad to help you with this problem. If I could get a little more information from you I can get the RMA process started for you. Once I get the information back I can get you a RMA number to send the light back.

Customer Information:
If shipping back to the shop, once repaired, please leave the shop name and address:
What I need:
Customers Name or Shop Name
Shipping Address (No PO Boxes)
Phone #
Place of purchase:
Invoice #
Purchase order date:
Type of Light/Part #
product problem:
Picture of light:

D

Deleted member 12951

Yep, seen that form. Bet they say a rock hit it. Good luck.

You will pay to ship it, they usually take about a week and wait for it to return. Give yourself about 3 weeks for the process.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May want to take the light out of the fog pocket and take a picture of it sitting on a table. They will probably think it's a rock strike if they realize it's in the fog light location. Should be an easy removal with the quick connect.

OP
OP
renegadeagle

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing is ,it is on both lights.
If you look at the pics the other light is starting the same thing on the same location, cracking.
I say, if it comes to pay for repair I'd rather just go with another company.
You have to add the shipping plus the aggravation of waiting.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND all the Hype then of the so torture test they do to them. False claims or the illusion of lasting maybe...
I don't even Offroad, Just daily driving.

Who knows
We will see

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'll never buy another Rigid light. I've had several water intrusion issues with my duallys and 20" bar. I've had a cheapie Chinese 40" on the front on my truck for a year now and it has held up just fine. Don't get the same light output, but hey I'm no Baja racer either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just observed this today.
The Rigid Lens on the Driver Beam cracking on the Driver side and beginning to show crack on the Passenger side.

Wondering to chime in to Rigid to see if this is covered under warranty of some kind. Have had them for 3 years now. And all was ok :(
I had four dually's on fog light mount when I still had factory bumper. Two of them had excact crack you have, I thought maybe it was a stone chip. It didn't affect the light output or cause water leakage so I blew it off but have to wonder after seeing yours. It's sad to hear from members that Rigid won't warranty them. I bought a 30 inch light bar from @Nick@Apollo-Optics and it developed a water leak. I contacted him and he said that was unacceptable and sent me a replacement and told me to hang on to old one until Raptoberfest and he'd pick it up there so I wouldn't have to ship it back. Great customer service! They've earned my business for all my lighting needs!!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had four dually's on fog light mount when I still had factory bumper. Two of them had excact crack you have, I thought maybe it was a stone chip. It didn't affect the light output or cause water leakage so I blew it off but have to wonder after seeing yours. It's sad to hear from members that Rigid won't warranty them. I bought a 30 inch light bar from @Nick@Apollo-Optics and it developed a water leak. I contacted him and he said that was unacceptable and sent me a replacement and told me to hang on to old one until Raptoberfest and he'd pick it up there so I wouldn't have to ship it back. Great customer service! They've earned my business for all my lighting needs!!

Thank you, brother!

Still hate that we had that issue, but I'm glad we got you taken care of and were able to make it right! Thank you for the kind words!