Rigid DOT Approved Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here upgraded from the standard D1's to the DOT approved D series?

SAE Compliant Fog Light Set (D-Series) OE Cool White... | Rigid Industries

I found a couple threads, but not much information. I just installed a set of Dually's in the fog opening (one flood, and one spot) and I really didn't get that the lights would be completely unusable on the road. I knew they were off road only, but I drive once a week to the airport an hour from my house at 4AM straight through one of most deer populated counties in VA and need additional lighting. I can't get the ones I purchased to adjust to a point where the glare to oncoming drivers is manageable without having them pointed at the ground.

Sooo, my plan is to take the one set of floods and move them to my back bumper for aux lighting, sell my brand new spots, and purchase 4 of the SAE/DOT approved Dually's if they will be worth it. I know I'll lose money, but I can at least see those white tails running across the road without blinding oncoming traffic.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Has anyone on here upgraded from the standard D1's to the DOT approved D series?

SAE Compliant Fog Light Set (D-Series) OE Cool White... | Rigid Industries

I found a couple threads, but not much information. I just installed a set of Dually's in the fog opening (one flood, and one spot) and I really didn't get that the lights would be completely unusable on the road. I knew they were off road only, but I drive once a week to the airport an hour from my house at 4AM straight through one of most deer populated counties in VA and need additional lighting. I can't get the ones I purchased to adjust to a point where the glare to oncoming drivers is manageable without having them pointed at the ground.

Sooo, my plan is to take the one set of floods and move them to my back bumper for aux lighting, sell my brand new spots, and purchase 4 of the SAE/DOT approved Dually's if they will be worth it. I know I'll lose money, but I can at least see those white tails running across the road without blinding oncoming traffic.

You would be moving in the right direction despite the extra cost. Shoot, getting one ticket with your "Offroad only" duallys would pay for your new set of DOTs (ok almost pay for).
The DOT versions have a much better cutoff, much like the OEM projector headlights (not as sharp, but you get the idea), so you will be able to aim them in a usable fashion and not completely blind people.
Hit me up for a quote when your ready.

-Joseph Haynes

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep as mentioned by Haynes the DOT/SAE fog lights have a nice cutoff and are much better for on road driving as far not blinding other drivers and also being able to see.

You could also keep your spots and just get one pair of the DOT lights and run them on separate switches so you can still have those for offroad use. Then move your floods to the back and you won't be out much money at all.

We are running a special on all Rigid lights right now, if you want a quote on a set, just let me know.

Thanks!
morgan

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them with amber covers, they're ok. They're decent for side output. There isn't much forward, not like regular floods. The reason why they're DOT approved is because there is a cutoff that doesn't blind on coming drivers. I have them on the outside and hyper spots on the inside in my fog openings.