Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Rigid D2's in a Baja Designs Bracket

This is a discussion on Rigid D2's in a Baja Designs Bracket within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys, Just joined the forum despite using it for a few days for some good info. Just picked up ...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
DHW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Rigid D2's in a Baja Designs Bracket
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum despite using it for a few days for some good info. Just picked up a 2013 Raptor and already have the itch to mod. First thing I wanted to do was the LED cubes in the fog light holes, as I already have two sets of Rigid lights ready to go. I've read of a lot of issues with the Rigid Plate (p/n 40235) and also I don't really want to drill into the truck. I'd like to go with the Baja Designs bracket (p/n 447550) because of it's bolt on nature, but I can find no pics of someone using the BD bracket with Rigid lights. I just spoke with a BD technician who told me the Rigid's will not fit the BD bracket. Can anyone confirm he is wrong? I kinda think he was just telling me the "brand loyal" answer.

And sorry if this info is out there somewhere, but I've done a bunch of searches and can't find the answer.

thanks!

Last edited by DHW; 11-13-2017 at 05:02 PM.
DHW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Baja designs might have their bracket drilled out to fit their smaller sized 3 light set up which means you'd have to drill new holes in the bracket if possible.

Honestly I got the bracket from an off brand and it was super cheap and works just great. If you measure it out and use metal screws you will be happy.

Drilling into such a pretty truck does seem scary, but honestly you will never know you did it and it fits very well!

But with your original concern, only issue I see is Baja designs having a different pattern drilled into their brackets!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
waddellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Apples and oranges. Different mounting brackets. Use Rigid brackets. You can drill into the bumper you will never see the mounting hardware.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

If you wanted to not drill in your truck, have you looked into buying Baja Designs lights instead of Rigids?

(Invalid i guess if you already own Rigids)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
waddellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

Originally Posted by DHW View Post
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum despite using it for a few days for some good info. Just picked up a 2013 Raptor and already have the itch to mod. First thing I wanted to do was the LED cubes in the fog light holes, as I already have two sets of Rigid lights ready to go. I've read of a lot of issues with the Rigid Plate (p/n 40235) and also I don't really want to drill into the truck. I'd like to go with the Baja Designs bracket (p/n 447550) because of it's bolt on nature, but I can find no pics of someone using the BD bracket with Rigid lights. I just spoke with a BD technician who told me the Rigid's will not fit the BD bracket. Can anyone confirm he is wrong? I kinda think he was just telling me the "brand loyal" answer.

And sorry if this info is out there somewhere, but I've done a bunch of searches and can't find the answer.

thanks!

Our Gen 1 Ford Raptor, Fog Pocket Mount was designed specifically around Baja Designs (BD) lights. Our technician was correct as there are differences in our products vs. theirs (besides performance, internals, technical) like hardware, bracket spacing, etc. You are welcome to purchase the bracket. Please see our return policy if you are planning on purchasing the bracket with intentions of test-fitting with their lights: https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/return-policy.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

ENTER BDForums at checkout for 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
ROCKETW19 and SZDZMTR like this.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
DHW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info guys. Think I'm gonna give the BD brackets a try. I'd rather drill into $50 brackets to get the lights to fit than drill into the $50k truck.

And yes Waddellw, I already had the rigid lights.
DHW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
Our Gen 1 Ford Raptor, Fog Pocket Mount was designed specifically around Baja Designs (BD) lights. Our technician was correct as there are differences in our products vs. theirs (besides performance, internals, technical) like hardware, bracket spacing, etc. You are welcome to purchase the bracket. Please see our return policy if you are planning on purchasing the bracket with intentions of test-fitting with their lights: https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/return-policy.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

ENTER BDForums at checkout for 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
you guys doing a black Friday sale? I like that fog light set up with wide corner LEDs on the out side and amber driving LEDs on the inside of the pocket.

or do you suggest any other way to light up the sides? like if I am making a turn. in my neighborhood its pitch black and I can not see a damn thing when turning.
ROCKETW19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
you guys doing a black Friday sale? I like that fog light set up with wide corner LEDs on the out side and amber driving LEDs on the inside of the pocket.

or do you suggest any other way to light up the sides? like if I am making a turn. in my neighborhood its pitch black and I can not see a damn thing when turning.

The Wide Cornering pattern when aimed out towards the shoulders of the road will give you great cornering light and comfort lighting. We recommend aiming them out about 10-15 degrees for maximum performance.

We will be offering Black Friday specials 11/20-11/27! A rebate form will be included with applicable orders.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Man, I wish I had known about the BD bracket before I bought the Rigid ones. They never fit right, rubbed on the stock bumper, blah blah. Not an issue now that I have an aftermarket bumper, but at the time...yeah.
Not to mention, in my experiences, Rigid doesn't perform that much better than the typical Chinese knockoffs. But I have been blown away by the BD lights I've seen.
@DHW if I were you, I'd try and sell the Rigid lights and get some BD lights. You'll be happy with them, I guarantee it.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
The Wide Cornering pattern when aimed out towards the shoulders of the road will give you great cornering light and comfort lighting. We recommend aiming them out about 10-15 degrees for maximum performance.

We will be offering Black Friday specials! A rebate form will be included with applicable orders.

perfect I want the pro squadron amber and led wide pairs. can I order now or wait till actual black Friday?
thank you also for your reply
ROCKETW19 is offline   Reply With Quote