GEN 1 Rigid D2's in a Baja Designs Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHW

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum despite using it for a few days for some good info. Just picked up a 2013 Raptor and already have the itch to mod. First thing I wanted to do was the LED cubes in the fog light holes, as I already have two sets of Rigid lights ready to go. I've read of a lot of issues with the Rigid Plate (p/n 40235) and also I don't really want to drill into the truck. I'd like to go with the Baja Designs bracket (p/n 447550) because of it's bolt on nature, but I can find no pics of someone using the BD bracket with Rigid lights. I just spoke with a BD technician who told me the Rigid's will not fit the BD bracket. Can anyone confirm he is wrong? I kinda think he was just telling me the "brand loyal" answer.

And sorry if this info is out there somewhere, but I've done a bunch of searches and can't find the answer.

thanks!

Last edited:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja designs might have their bracket drilled out to fit their smaller sized 3 light set up which means you'd have to drill new holes in the bracket if possible.

Honestly I got the bracket from an off brand and it was super cheap and works just great. If you measure it out and use metal screws you will be happy.

Drilling into such a pretty truck does seem scary, but honestly you will never know you did it and it fits very well!

But with your original concern, only issue I see is Baja designs having a different pattern drilled into their brackets!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. Different mounting brackets. Use Rigid brackets. You can drill into the bumper you will never see the mounting hardware.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to not drill in your truck, have you looked into buying Baja Designs lights instead of Rigids?

(Invalid i guess if you already own Rigids)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just joined the forum despite using it for a few days for some good info. Just picked up a 2013 Raptor and already have the itch to mod. First thing I wanted to do was the LED cubes in the fog light holes, as I already have two sets of Rigid lights ready to go. I've read of a lot of issues with the Rigid Plate (p/n 40235) and also I don't really want to drill into the truck. I'd like to go with the Baja Designs bracket (p/n 447550) because of it's bolt on nature, but I can find no pics of someone using the BD bracket with Rigid lights. I just spoke with a BD technician who told me the Rigid's will not fit the BD bracket. Can anyone confirm he is wrong? I kinda think he was just telling me the "brand loyal" answer.

And sorry if this info is out there somewhere, but I've done a bunch of searches and can't find the answer.

thanks!

Our Gen 1 Ford Raptor, Fog Pocket Mount was designed specifically around Baja Designs (BD) lights. Our technician was correct as there are differences in our products vs. theirs (besides performance, internals, technical) like hardware, bracket spacing, etc. You are welcome to purchase the bracket. Please see our return policy if you are planning on purchasing the bracket with intentions of test-fitting with their lights: https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/return-policy.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

ENTER BDForums at checkout for 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Think I'm gonna give the BD brackets a try. I'd rather drill into $50 brackets to get the lights to fit than drill into the $50k truck.

And yes Waddellw, I already had the rigid lights.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Gen 1 Ford Raptor, Fog Pocket Mount was designed specifically around Baja Designs (BD) lights. Our technician was correct as there are differences in our products vs. theirs (besides performance, internals, technical) like hardware, bracket spacing, etc. You are welcome to purchase the bracket. Please see our return policy if you are planning on purchasing the bracket with intentions of test-fitting with their lights: https://www.bajadesigns.com/help/return-policy.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

ENTER BDForums at checkout for 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
you guys doing a black Friday sale? I like that fog light set up with wide corner LEDs on the out side and amber driving LEDs on the inside of the pocket.

or do you suggest any other way to light up the sides? like if I am making a turn. in my neighborhood its pitch black and I can not see a damn thing when turning.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you guys doing a black Friday sale? I like that fog light set up with wide corner LEDs on the out side and amber driving LEDs on the inside of the pocket.

or do you suggest any other way to light up the sides? like if I am making a turn. in my neighborhood its pitch black and I can not see a damn thing when turning.

The Wide Cornering pattern when aimed out towards the shoulders of the road will give you great cornering light and comfort lighting. We recommend aiming them out about 10-15 degrees for maximum performance.

We will be offering Black Friday specials 11/20-11/27! A rebate form will be included with applicable orders.

38341990756_063bc28bf6_b.jpg

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I had known about the BD bracket before I bought the Rigid ones. They never fit right, rubbed on the stock bumper, blah blah. Not an issue now that I have an aftermarket bumper, but at the time...yeah.
Not to mention, in my experiences, Rigid doesn't perform that much better than the typical Chinese knockoffs. But I have been blown away by the BD lights I've seen.
@DHW if I were you, I'd try and sell the Rigid lights and get some BD lights. You'll be happy with them, I guarantee it.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wide Cornering pattern when aimed out towards the shoulders of the road will give you great cornering light and comfort lighting. We recommend aiming them out about 10-15 degrees for maximum performance.

We will be offering Black Friday specials! A rebate form will be included with applicable orders.

38341990756_063bc28bf6_b.jpg

perfect I want the pro squadron amber and led wide pairs. can I order now or wait till actual black Friday?
thank you also for your reply