Rigid D2 foglight kit.... I think I am a moron or something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Chinese lights, but from what I can tell, they're pretty much the same size as the Rigid. Not sure about the mounting brackets. $90 for four was hard to turn down. They've been working great so far.

When I installed the outboard lights, If you look at the top of the light, you'll see that I shortened the mounting brackets so it brought the light up in the center of the bumper opening. I have pretty good clearance above and below the lights now. I couldn't possibly see how to do it without making this adjustment. Maybe the Rigid lights are different.

Attachments

• P1020591.jpg
    P1020591.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 28
  • P1020592.jpg
    P1020592.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 31

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just drilled new holes. Not a big deal to me. Used to aftermarket stuff not always matching up with the factory stuff.

OP
OP
dogknat

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well lights are in, and my hand is hamburger. Sadly I didn't see the posts on rubbing until I noticed that mine was. Through creative adjustment I have a sliver of airgap between the light and bumper. Looks like I will need to take a jack or something and slightly bend the mount up to get just a bit more.

Innrkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit. I was hoping one of you guys did what I did...i am the moron.

I could not get the lights to fit in the openings. I flipped the mounts and went driver on passenger side and vice versa. With the forward facing bench (mounting section on the plate) reversed it lifted the lights enough to fit. I guess I could have just lowered the bumper.

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got a call back from Rigid. Looks like this is a known issue on the 2014MY. According to their warranty department they are in process of developing new mounts because Ford adjusted the bumper differently. Could be FoS. I'm going to try to do a mockup and may be modifying my brackets while at the shop tomorrow.

Ford has changed the bumper bolt and design setup a few times on us already. We are currently in the process of designing a new setup that accommodates the changes from Ford. Again we do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries!!

OP
OP
dogknat

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has changed the bumper bolt and design setup a few times on us already. We are currently in the process of designing a new setup that accommodates the changes from Ford. Again we do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries!!

A new hole offset just a bit from the inside bumper side does the trick. Bends could use some work other than that seems to work fairly well without too much modification.