rigid d2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ready to jump on the rigid d2s for my hood. I am curious as to what I should go with. This will be the first lighting mod. Should I do the spot, flood, or I forgot the other one. I am pretty sure I want white over amber. Any help would be appreciated. I just want some amazing light output.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you really want to throw some light out there check out the LightForce 170 Stryker HIDs they are insane. Evilmonkey has them on his truck and you will never out drive the light they put out.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am ready to jump on the rigid d2s for my hood. I am curious as to what I should go with. This will be the first lighting mod. Should I do the spot, flood, or I forgot the other one. I am pretty sure I want white over amber. Any help would be appreciated. I just want some amazing light output.

I would put a set of VisionX light cannons on the hood. You want a spot pattern up there for minimal hood glare and the light cannons do just that!

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
M&R 2*90w hood mount setup in spot. Most powerful setup for that location.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am happy with my D2 in driving pattern on hood mounts!!! The glare has not been an issue and I do not have matte hood or wrap, of course a bountiful amount of dust makes it less reflective than shinny hood..... LOL

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
M&R 2*90w hood mount setup in spot. Most powerful setup for that location.

Compare your hood mount vs light cannons.

You told me in a thread last night that I shouldn't go for a roof mount light bar because of noise and drilling into my truck.

Tell me why M&R over VisionX

(And no I'm not being a ****, because the only light I have currently is a 40 inch M&R behind the grill)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner