Rigid 40 inch lightbar - flood or spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen both at the same time? I have no other plans to get additional lighting at this point, and am happy with the Rigid product line and with the 40 inch lightbar. The above said, I am getting my 2012 headlights replaced with the Raptor Retrofit OEM HID headlights.

Advice would be greatly appreciated

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I'd go spot, but if your not entirely sure, there's always combo beams as well. But bigg50 is right, there is plenty of light "splash" on spot beams too.

On a side note, I've got a sale going on that includes rigid.

D

Deleted member 12951

What I can tell you as I have combo, spot in the middle and floods on the edge and I wish I has more light on the sides. When you are sliding sideways around a corner, it would be really nice if looking out your side window you could see instead of seeing where your front end is pointing only and you are staring into darkness.

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go spot, but if your not entirely sure, there's always combo beams as well. But bigg50 is right, there is plenty of light "splash" on spot beams too.

On a side note, I've got a sale going on that includes rigid.

Thanks, advice coming from you BIGG50 is much appreciated. The lightbar is getting installed behind the grill so there should be a fair amount of diffusion just from that. And since I could see myself using this on the highway at times when nobody on the road, the spot seems to be the ticket.

I will get all the flood I need from the low beams on my soon to be installed HID's. It was suggested that I upgrade the HID from 35 watts to 55 watts, but besides the expense, I think that 55 watts might be overkill to the oncoming drivers on these narrow CT roadways.

My next spend will be for tie rods, would rather spend the money there than on additional lights.

One other question. I am getting the perch mod. I am guessing they will install and adjust the HID headlamps and lightbar after the perch mod is done.

Last edited:

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're going to loose like half of your light output mounting it behind the grill. also i would look at the e2 bars

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Spot behind the grill.. If you can swing it, do the E2 Hyperspot. It's a 5 degree spot as opposed to the 10 degree spot so it will really punch through the grill better than anything else. PM me for pricing!