Rigid 30inch LightBar installation Upper Grill ABOVE the FORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Those that mounted them to the grill supports, ya'll haven't had issues with them rotating?

Nope, its solid in mine, doesn't move at all. Did it from Birdman's write-up with some lock washers. 30" TMX Blackhawk

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rick, you probably just spent my money on another light bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well... looks like my RDS will fit in there! Only problem... I have that damn front camera in the way! Might have to get rid of that thing.... still have never used that dumb thing.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did I do after work yesterday? Oh... just mount a Rigid 30" RDS behind my grill like a fawking BOSS! Best part? Its now PERFECT height for shinning the fawk out of any jack **** prius driver who insists on doing 55 in the fast lane on I-5.

Once I premarked some grill openings on the support brackets, I went ahead and removed the grill to make install easier. The Rigid bar has two bolts coming out of each end of the light and the light is a damn near perfect fit between them.... so I had to looses the support frames and spread them apart to get the bar in there. Plus note is right where I aligned the bar, the lower mounting bolts lined up perfect with a hole that's already in the brackets! And since those holes are pretty big, it allows just enough room for the bar to be rotated a little up and down for aiming the bar. The upper bolts were drill 0.5" back from face of bracket. Pretty simple install and over all great way to kill an hour or two after work! :D :D (also removed my front camera. coulda left it no prob but it would have blocked some light and I've never used the dumb thing)

Pics!

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3507.jpg
    IMG_3507.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3510.jpg
    IMG_3510.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 94

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: This is still in the works, I had a delay in getting the light bars.

I now have the four 41" radius bars that I will be using so now it is time to start mocking up and measuring everything!!

Stay tuned.....

Update: I apologize for the delay this winter took its toll but the good news, this project is going forward.

R+D is being done now and I should have it done in approx 30-45 days.

I will post photos when I get the brackets fabricated