Rigid 20" Lower Kit-Spot or Mixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So like a typical man, I know the answer I want, but I need validation. I'd also like to hear other people's take on it.

So, my current lighting is:

DDM Tuning HID Kit with 55 watt 5000K bulbs-5000 Lumens each
Rigid Dually Fog Light kit: Inners are white spots, outters are amber floods
Outlaw Raptor Hood Kit: HIDX 4". 3500 lumens a side with the Euro beam.

IMG_3194.jpg

I plan on getting the 20" lower grill kit from James at Alternative Offroad. I want the 20" bar in a spot config. I feel I have sufficient area lighting near the truck provided by my HID headlights, and the HIDX provide flood-type lighting at distance. I love my Rigid Spots as they highlight directly in front of the truck at distance. This is the effect I want to get from the 20" bar. I want to concentrate light where the vehicle is headed at a distance farther away. While only a few LEDs are the flood reflector on the combo bar, I feel it's enough to detract from the distance lighting that I want.

I also plan on tilting down the Dually Spots so they don't reach as far so I can use them more around town without blinding people. I plan to do this since I'll have the 20" to reach out and touch objects in the distance.

Any thoughts on this? It makes sense in my head but I wanted to bounce it off you guys (and gals).

While I don't desert race, I do spend plenty of time in the Northwoods of WI, and I do camp a ton, especially in winter, where the added lighting is helpful. Plus it looks cool and I have a little **** so I need to compensate.

Todd

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We usually recommend Spot beam if you already have the Fog kit. The Fog kit takes care of your Driving/Flood beam. Now you just need your distance light.

Thanks for supporting Rigid industries!!

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there Rigid. I an getting the ADD Venom Bumper, it shipped yesterday. I want the 20" LED bar, what do you recommend for that? That will be the only light bar i have, and i am doing projectors from TRS in my headlights. Thanks

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there Rigid. I an getting the ADD Venom Bumper, it shipped yesterday. I want the 20" LED bar, what do you recommend for that? That will be the only light bar i have, and i am doing projectors from TRS in my headlights. Thanks

I recommend the combo beam. Best of both worlds, floods and spots.

Give us a call (817) 485-2600

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Spot provides plenty of flood. I have the 20" spot. Plus I had d2s in spot. (I Lost one side in Baja)... And there is plenty of flood provided...

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So like a typical man, I know the answer I want, but I need validation. I'd also like to hear other people's take on it.

So, my current lighting is:

DDM Tuning HID Kit with 55 watt 5000K bulbs-5000 Lumens each
Rigid Dually Fog Light kit: Inners are white spots, outters are amber floods
Outlaw Raptor Hood Kit: HIDX 4". 3500 lumens a side with the Euro beam.

IMG_3194.jpg

I plan on getting the 20" lower grill kit from James at Alternative Offroad. I want the 20" bar in a spot config. I feel I have sufficient area lighting near the truck provided by my HID headlights, and the HIDX provide flood-type lighting at distance. I love my Rigid Spots as they highlight directly in front of the truck at distance. This is the effect I want to get from the 20" bar. I want to concentrate light where the vehicle is headed at a distance farther away. While only a few LEDs are the flood reflector on the combo bar, I feel it's enough to detract from the distance lighting that I want.

I also plan on tilting down the Dually Spots so they don't reach as far so I can use them more around town without blinding people. I plan to do this since I'll have the 20" to reach out and touch objects in the distance.

Any thoughts on this? It makes sense in my head but I wanted to bounce it off you guys (and gals).

While I don't desert race, I do spend plenty of time in the Northwoods of WI, and I do camp a ton, especially in winter, where the added lighting is helpful. Plus it looks cool and I have a little **** so I need to compensate.

Todd

Hey Todd! Do the spot, like you said you already have enough flood. You'll be happy with a dedicated spot beam. Thanks for the support!