Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any input/reply on this?

This is exactly what I want to do. Why? Such that I can run the lights at night, in the Fall & Winter on the backroads in MT, ID & WY to light up the road. As an example, 2 days ago coming home from skiing at Teton Village, WY, 6 moose & 2 whitetail ran across the road in front of me. I want to be able to light up the road such that I can see the road way out in front of me along with the barrow pits, but I want to be able to hit my low beams and have all the lights turn off. And FYI, I have a 2013 Screw w/ HID's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering if I just go a local aftermarket shop and tell them what how I want the lights to work and then just let them figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

HB

The wiring I do not believe would be that difficult for an experienced technician. I think it is done on the same premise as the backup lights that are wired to turn on with the reverse lights OR with the flick of an upfitter switch.

A lot of 'city folk' make fun of you for having auxiliary lighting but until they are driving through Eastern WA/Idaho/Montana in the pitch black canyons/rolling hills in the snow/fog/rain. I've always tried to run a set of fog type lights that angle off at least 20* to try and see those pesky deer/elk/moose that love to jump out at you.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get the D2s on separate switches? Have both on number 2...instructions say for inner connect red to green truck wire...for outer (switch 3)connect red to blue truck wire...already used the red wire...tired connecting the blue light wire to all the other truck wires and nothing. So we connected the blue and red light wires to green truck wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then who did it? How many Bo's are there that want to get our little site out there?

You have to get under the glovebox and connect the blue from the engine side to violet / green that goes to AUX 3 switch itself.

ru7arusu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember which wires I connect under glove box...we did what ever the instructions said that came with the lights...

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to get under the glovebox and connect the blue from the engine side to violet / green that goes to AUX 3 switch itself.

ru7arusu.jpg

Yes, as Stang mentioned you must have all of the upfitter wires connected properly inside the truck (passenger side behind glovebox), otherwise the wires in the engine bay are not "hot".

Make sure you pay close attention to the wire colors - there's not a lot of room to work and the striped wires are thin and sometimes difficult to identify. I know because I goofed once and caused myself a headache.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Connecting Red to Blue would be connecting 2 pass through wires from the engine side which neither has power.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We followed the instructions that came with the lights but who knows we'll check tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can get confusing because there are red and blue wires on the rigid harness corresponding to the hot side of lights then there are red and blue wires on the engine side of the upfitter harness. All you have to do is look at the pic I posted above and double check your wiring inside and out.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so instructions say for inner fog lights connect red wire to green on truck, for outer fog lights connect red wire to blue wire on truck. Already used the red wire...all that's left is the blue light wire. So does that mean I attach the blue light wire to the blue truck wire?

But first connect the violet to green wire under dash to make the blue wire under the hood hot.

Last edited: