Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Cool, thanks Andy. Now I've got it all done and guess what? No Lights! AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong. AUX switch 3 - BLU-PUR conected behind glove box, BLU-RED connected over fender, BLK grounded?????

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused. Somebody please help. That video on Page 1 shows him connecting different colored wires behind the glove box than Rigid says. Is it not BLU-PUR for Switch 3???

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Dan's post on Page 8:

Amps...Upfitter Switch #...Wire Color Behind Glovebox from Switches...Wire Color Underhood
...30..............1..................Yelllow..... .................................................. ....Red
...30..............2..................Green with brown stripe.................................Green
...15..............3..................Purple with green stripe.................................Blue
...10..............4..................Brown (this is the thinnest of the 4 wires).......Purple

Andy

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Sure enough it's supposed to be BLU mates with Purple w/ Green stripe behind the glove box. Well that was a waste of two hours!

Nice lights BTW.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
All the pass through wires are the same gauge. So it doesnt matter which color from the switch you connect to which colored pass through, as long as you know which ones you connected to.

On a side note. Does anyone elses 20" bar stick out farther on the passenger side vs. the driver side. My light is about 1/4" further out on the PS vs DS. I am thinking about shimming the drivers side with a washer or two. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the pass through wires are the same gauge. So it doesnt matter which color from the switch you connect to which colored pass through, as long as you know which ones you connected to.

On a side note. Does anyone elses 20" bar stick out farther on the passenger side vs. the driver side. My light is about 1/4" further out on the PS vs DS. I am thinking about shimming the drivers side with a washer or two. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

The amperage ratings are different on the wires so you'll want to keep that in mind.

In regard to your lightbar sticking out - I haven't seen this before. Be sure to check that the lightbar mounting bolts (on each side of the lightbar) are in the same location on the mounting brackets. It sounds like the bolts/lightbar is not all the way back in the mounting bracket as it shouldn't be on an angle.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
The amperage ratings are different on the wires so you'll want to keep that in mind.

In regard to your lightbar sticking out - I haven't seen this before. Be sure to check that the lightbar mounting bolts (on each side of the lightbar) are in the same location on the mounting brackets. It sounds like the bolts/lightbar is not all the way back in the mounting bracket as it shouldn't be on an angle.

The bracket itself sticks out farther, not the light in the bracket. I am going to make sure nothing got stuck between the bracket and the truck. I'll take some pics tonight.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing I suggest you do is measure the "legs" of the bracket to make sure they're equal.

Assuming the steel plates used to mount the bracket have not been bent, perhaps you bumped something with your Raptor and "altered" one of the sides of the bumper? That could be why the light protrudes more. Just wondering if it's a possibility.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thing to look for is that the holes you drill are 1/2" for a reason... to allow clearance for the "square" on the head of the carriage bolt. Maybe one of the bolts didn't seat in the hole properly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free