Rigid 20" Lightbar & Duallys - Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably the best 2 people to answer your questions are Lvdzrtdawg and MarkT. They probably have more dirt time with these lights on Raptors.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I was wondering how the 20 inch and Dually's hold up to rocks and dirt. Also, I was wondering how hot they get, if you run through a puddle would they crack? How easy are they to clean?

I can definitely vouch for holding up in rocks and dirt. We sand blast and rock blast them three or four times a week. The 20" light does not get too hot to the touch but the dually lights are hot to the touch. They have not cracked while going through small puddles but we don't have alot of deeper water here. These things are a pretty darn good product line and I love them. Rigid is a great company and I will be writing a vendor review shortly endorsing their fantastic service to me.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I was wondering how the 20 inch and Dually's hold up to rocks and dirt. Also, I was wondering how hot they get, if you run through a puddle would they crack? How easy are they to clean?

I can definitely vouch for holding up in rocks and dirt. We sand blast and rock blast them three or four times a week. The 20" light does not get too hot to the touch but the dually lights are hot to the touch. They have not cracked while going through small puddles but we don't have alot of deeper water here. These things are a pretty darn good product line and I love them. Rigid is a great company and I will be writing a vendor review shortly endorsing their fantastic service to me.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hey if anybody's online, I'm installing my 40" Rigid LED. Is there a top/bottom or is it reversable?

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey if anybody's online, I'm installing my 40" Rigid LED. Is there a top/bottom or is it reversable?

I don't think it matters as far as light pattern... but on the 20" the wire goes to the passenger side and the vent (small black cap) ends up on the driver's side.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw nothing in the Rigid Industries info that says there's an up or down when installing their lights.

As Mark said, you'll want to run the wire to the passenger side since that's where the connection is - on the passenger side above the wheelwell.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As with Mark & Dan, I installed my 40 with the pigtail on the passenger side.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks guys. Just got home from work so I'm going to see if I can finish the install now. Wish I had smaller hands. And an extra one too.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
OK, another stupid question... Because the wires behind the glove box are already too short, do I try and strip the shrink wrap off the wires or cut it above and strip new wire?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I warmed up the shrink wrap and it pulled right off - it gave me the extra length I've always wanted LOL