Review and Install How to on ORACLE Mirror lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite sure where this goes but this seems like a logical place.

I purchased these ORACLE Ford F150 Raptor Off Road Mirrors Lights from Jason Lader at Lexmotorsports after seeing them listed on this forum after SEMA. Here is the install video that they have for these lights:

Ford F-150/ SVT Raptor Truck ORACLE LED Off-Road Mirror Installation DIY Video - YouTube

INSTALL:

The install video from these is a bit misleading since it does not seem to cover any of the wiring side. I would first like to thanks many threads on this forum and posts/youtube video's from users of the this forum. I have tried hard to take enough pictures of this.

1. Remove the Mirror from the mirror housing. Make sure you hold on to the mirror to make sure you don't drop it on the floor. The Video covers this part pretty good. Basically move the mirror all the way in and then take a thin flat head screwdriver and gently pry the mirror away to release it from the mirror housing.

2. Since you are going to have to run the wiring through the door I found it easier to remove the entire mirror housing to work on it on the bench. So to start the removal you must first remove the door panel. I took some of these steps from this post ->http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/...ers-rear-facing-puddle-lights-6658/#post99666

2a. Remove the 2 6mm screws at the Bottom of the panel.
2b. Remove the panel in the handle.
2c. Remove panel behind door latch.
2d. Remove the 2 8mm screws that where below the 2 panels.
2e. Lift and remove panel.
2f. You can just let the panel hang if you want. I removed it on the first side since I was un aware how I was going to run the wiring at first. On the second side I just let it hang.

3. Disconnect the mirror wiring harness.
Mirror_Install09.jpg

4. remove the 3 nuts that hold the mirror and remove the mirror housing.
Mirror_Install08.jpg

5. Remove the 4 T20 screws to separate the front from the back.
Mirror_Install01.jpg

6. Separate the back part of the housing from the front. I found it easier if the mirror was folded in on itself.

7. No need in disconnecting the puddle light but you can if it makes it easier.

8. Press the 4 tabs on the body color panel and remove the body color panel.
Mirror_Install03.jpg
Mirror_Install04.jpg

9. Route the wire in from the light via the big hole in the middle and attach the light panel with the 4 screws and washers supplied.
Mirror_Install05.jpg
Front Look:
Mirror_Install06.jpg

10. Turn the mirror housing upside down and use a flat head screwdriver to remove the bottom panel of the light to allow you to run the wiring.
Mirror_Install14.jpg

11. Remove the foam gasket that goes in between the mirror housing and the door.

12. Now run the wire for the light along side the stock mirror wiring through the center pivot point and out below the mirror wiring harness connector.
Mirror_Install11.jpg
Mirror_Install13.jpg

13. Replace the Front and Back pieces of the mirror. Press together to make sure everything fits together snug. and replace the 4 T20 screws.

14. Remove excess slack from the wiring through the normal wiring route.

15. Replace the foam gasket on the mirror or housing routing the wire out just below the Mirror wiring harness location. (Pic 1 below)

16. Run wire through the hole that the Mirror wiring harness goes and replace the mirror housing. securing withe the 3 bolts.

17. I chose to run my wire down behind the sound material and through a hole in the door and out beside the door wiring harness location. (Pics 2 below)

18. I bridged the gap between the door and the wiring behind the door seal. For those who think "I will just run it in side that gasket.", Don't do it If you do manage to disconnect the door from the farm there it is a hard plastic connection and you will likely screw up a plug.

19. Replace the Door panel reversing the steps described in step 2.

20. Repeat steps 1-19 for the other side.

21. I choose to run a wire for hot and ground from the drivers side over to the passenger side and join up with the hot and ground from the passenger side.

22. I also wired these lights up to outfitter 4. inside the cab. (Finally a reason for leaving the pass through wires disconnected from the factory.) :loll:

Continued in Post 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Continued..
Pic 1 from Above:
Mirror_Install15.jpg
Pic 2 from Above:
Mirror_Install17_original.jpg

Here are the Finished Install Pictures:
Mirror_Install18_original.jpg
Mirror_Install19_original.jpg
Mirror_Install23_original.jpg

Here are the Pictures from the Dark. They where all taken from the top of the cab through the sun roof.
First just my normal HIDs on Low Beam
Mirror_Install24.jpg

Low Beams and the Oracle Lights
Mirror_Install26.jpg

No HID, Just the Oracle Lights
Mirror_Install27.jpg

Left from the cab
Mirror_Install28.jpg

Right from the cab.
Mirror_Install29.jpg

OVERALL Thoughts:

Overall I am happy with this investment. I like the fact that this uses the space on the mirror for a "feel good" light. It allows light when you are making a tight turn into the dark. Also it is kinda cool to be able to fold your mirrors and have side spots.

Items for improvement:
It would be nice if they would have disconnects that would allow easy replacement of the mirror if needed. Although the light is bright enough to function as advertised(as I have heard it termed a "feel good" light), I think it would be nice if the light was a bit brighter.

Things I don't like:
I don't like the silver allen screws on the front plate. If I can fine black ones or take some model paint to make them black I will be doing it.

Now for the real test SNOWBALL 2014!!!! :grd:

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install was around a 3. It was mor a pain just running the wires and getting them soldered and terminated properly in a tight spot. Similar to connecting all of the pass through wires. I have already had a lot of theses panels off to run other items. Took me about 4 hrs. While taking all the pics.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was is hard to run the wire from the driver side over to the passenger side? Where did you run it, did you have to remove any extra panels?

OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the wire behind the center console tucked just under the carpet. I had to remove the panel around the emergency brake and the one around the fuse box on the passenger side. Nothing to bad.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nice write up, these look pretty cool

my mirrors show the most beating from brush so I'd be worried about breaking these, so these probably aren't for me

OP
OP
OrangeAddict

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was not enough wire supplied with the lights. I ran 14 Ga wires to extend the wires. The wire that comes with the light is enough to route to just inside the cab via the door panel.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up. I had taken them off my list when I saw the install video stop short of wiring it up. May reconsider thanks to you.