Reverse lighting options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Probably going to go with the flush mount set up, it has a nice almost factory look .

Let us know if we can help!

Thanks. I went this route because I've seen people use flush mounts and they either end up washing out the camera (defeating the purpose) or are angled down and can't blind tailgaters.

It's all about the install and beam pattern selected.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What beam pattern do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flood or diffused. Diffused will be a wider pattern than flood. Floods will have hot spots though. I personally have floods on my truck and am very happy with them and they don't wash out my camera.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I went this route because I've seen people use flush mounts and they either end up washing out the camera (defeating the purpose) or are angled down and can't blind tailgaters.

Nice set up. How did you mount the lights?

Can you post a couple pictures of how they are mounted. Thanks!

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running flush mounted D2 driving light pattern in mine and it has never washed my camera out. I personally like the longer range I get from them. I've never seen what the floods look like but the driving ones light up about 50'+ behind me at a 20* ish angle outwards.

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put projector style LED bulbs in the reverse taillights. They do pretty well by themselves. When I really want to light up the area, I turn these bad boys on.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

cc15d3f3e9366c207d50585968b302d0.jpg

a0358592b659b30d50f1df712a14d645.jpg

d6051cb6f07a87052995e12ea548e8bd.jpg

@MotoMute style

This is what I am looking at doing. Any suggestions before I start?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice set up. How did you mount the lights?

Can you post a couple pictures of how they are mounted. Thanks!

The third picture I posted shows how. Just drilled a hole through the rear leaf spring shackle and ran the wire up to Aux 4.

This is what I am looking at doing. Any suggestions before I start?

Buy a metal drill bit? The hardest part honestly was running all the wire along the frame.