Retrofit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got some extra 2013 Raptor headlights with the stock projectors in them. I wanted to try to do my own DIY retrofit of angel eyes and amber sides. Similar to how Raptor Retrofit does theirs with a little twist of my own.

Does anyone know what size strips and Angel eyes they use? Or what size fits the stock projector ring? I would just like to reference a known size when ordering.

Also does anyone know if you can cut the The Retrofit Sources LED strips and Angel eyes, and if they will still light up to the cut?

Thanks,

Last edited:

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested to see how much trouble you have opening these up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ajstar89

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have retrofitted a few in the past. An oven and a hairdryer are really all you need to open them up. However its really like any other project, planning and preparation are key.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any progress on this? I have housings that I am looking to do myself. I need to order everything else. I want halos and strips but wasn't sure what size to order. Same for ballast, projector. Any thoughts? Have you opened them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk