replace 3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swshon816

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a problem to replace 3rd brake light. I tried to pull the wires out until I can see the harness but it didn't come out all the way. It looks like the harness stuck somewhere. Any suggestions?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a problem to replace 3rd brake light. I tried to pull the wires out until I can see the harness but it didn't come out all the way. It looks like the harness stuck somewhere. Any suggestions?

The harness plugs straight into the back of the light of that's what you mean, pics maybe?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your replacing with an aftermarket third brake light such as Recon you will have wire the new third light to your existing wires. Ford has a copywriting on that plug and no one else can duplicate it. Also there may be a small metal clamp attached to the metal where the wiring goes into the metal hole where the wiring disappears. This simply keeps the wiring in place.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two Questions:
- What is wrong with the factory third brake light that justifies replacing it? I've had my SCAB for over three years and my third brake light is fine.
- With their reputation for "quality," customer satisfaction, and after-the-sale customer support, why would you buy a Recon product?

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just changed out my 3rd brake light, with another OEM one. The original one had one of the LED's go out, looked around and didn't see any that I liked better than stock, will probably smoke the lens with a little Plastidip.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered myself why so many people are eager to replace their factory TBL. I think the factory one is cool and functional looking but maybe it's just cause my truck is white and I think the clear effect blends in better. Sounds like its a PITA to replace anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've wondered myself why so many people are eager to replace their factory TBL. I think the factory one is cool and functional looking but maybe it's just cause my truck is white and I think the clear effect blends in better. Sounds like its a PITA to replace anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ppl like to be different, I had to change out my third brake light as well from an led going out. So I figured it was time I ordered a tinted third brake light from Dawson. That's what makes up all the different Raptor beauty's, some are just for others, lol.

korbendallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed out my 3rd brake light, with another OEM one. The original one had one of the LED's go out, looked around and didn't see any that I liked better than stock, will probably smoke the lens with a little Plastidip.

I think there are a lot of guys here that use Night Shade or Rust-oleum Lens Tint.

Attachments

• lens tint.jpg
    lens tint.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 384