Relay Switch Panel with Ambient Light Kit and Custom Image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have seen my truck you already know I’m into electrical and wiring, from all of the off-road lights to the countless emergency lights I have on my truck. Early in the summer I made myself a relay panel with a remote switch head for my Raptor. Since I built mine I have done a few more for friends and have considered selling them to others in the off-road community.
I have created two items that you might find usefully. The first is a 6 switch, 6 relay, unit with a fuse panel capable of 10 fuses ( so you can other items like USB charger, radar detector cigarette plug or other items that you don’t want to waste and up-fitter switch with) The second product is a similar switch / relay unit with a twist. On the suggestion of a friend (Steve) we created “Skully”, a four switch relay panel with a backlit image. In his case a skull. While I was figuring out how to back light it with LED’s I also added a common Ford feature that did not make it to our Raptors, an under-dash ambient light system. And guess what, the switch plate image is synched with the ambient light, Red, Blue, Green, White or any funky color in between. Check out my You Tube video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQsYfELVZc
This is not a full time gig for me so I’m not mass producing these but I think they are way to cool to keep for myself. You can’t have Steve’s image, but I can work with you to find something cool as well. I’m only going to make a few and they take more than a few hours to fabricate.
They are for the most part easy to install, you do need to cut your headliner but I will send you a template and instructions. The panel mounts behind the glove box and the wire bundle runs up the passenger side A-pillar to and under the head liner to the area near where you store your sunglasses. You will also need to fish the power and ground wire thru your firewall and make the connection to the battery. If you’re local to the Chicago area I will even help you install it.
The cost is $ 450.00 per unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20141207_142335143.jpg
    IMG_20141207_142335143.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20141207_142329523.jpg
    IMG_20141207_142329523.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 151
  • wrap skull.jpg
    wrap skull.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 384
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 353
  • skull 1.jpg
    skull 1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 483

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail your idea but is there any way you could make one that fit s where the sunglasses holder is I have a vhf radio where your switch panel goes but would be interested in one that goes where the sunglasses go just a thought.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome build. The eagle head would be good for @Chris@FreedomMotorsports if he needs some more switches

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

OP
OP
Kmandoske

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail your idea but is there any way you could make one that fit s where the sunglasses holder is I have a vhf radio where your switch panel goes but would be interested in one that goes where the sunglasses go just a thought.

Scrap man, your logo would look cool there. just saying. I'm open for new ideas, what radio are you using? let me look it up and see what I can do.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I use uhf radios for my business and everyone else for the rides uses vhf I bought kenwood 790 and 890 with a remote head unit that controls them both in one display. It mounts right where your switch panel was designed to go. I will post pics as soon as it's back from PCI.

Attachments

• image-1127716776.jpg
    image-1127716776.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 381
  • image-1318802437.jpg
    image-1318802437.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 296