Red interior dome light

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I just changed out my dome light from one that I had Noah install. I wanted something just as bright but in red. I got the diode dynamics SMF4 which is supposed to be brighter than OEM.

Will be sending it back for a refund. Not impressed at all. They have a board version, so will call them and see to get that one instead. Hope this helps others as not to get the SMF4 unless you don't want to see anything. :)

a2d53f510093bb123379241c0df49480.jpg

Putting it back like I had it

c76371e943b75853835cdfd0a1f65d6a.jpg

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the idea of the red dome light is to not blast you eyes with a bright so your eyes don't have to readjust to the dark again. If seeing the most detail is the goal I would stick to bright white for the dome and a red light for the map lights.

I can see what you are saying about the lower legal of light and I am sure the guys at crown off-road can help to get you in a better place.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I think the idea of the red dome light is to not blast you eyes with a bright so your eyes don't have to readjust to the dark again. If seeing the most detail is the goal I would stick to bright white for the dome and a red light for the map lights.

I can see what you are saying about the lower legal of light and I am sure the guys at crown off-road can help to get you in a better place.

I purchased directly from the manufacture's website, will contact them tomorrow. Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I contacted Diode Dynamics this morning and they are providing a return label to swap out this one and the cargo ones I purchased and shipping a replacement XP50 today. The return and re-ship was at no charge and the guy I was speaking with was very customer focused. The red board that has 12 LEDs is on back-order for 4 weeks so he just refunded the money.

So far, very impressed with Diode Dynamics.