Recon Side Mirror Lenses - Install and Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first mod on my '14 Raptor. I read a lot of reviews online about the quality and ease of install on these Recon bits and was somewhat skeptical. I figured I'd try these out and if disappointed return or resell them.

These are made in China so the quality is on par with price.

The items came packed and shipped inside two boxes; an outer plain cardboard box and an inner printed box suitable for display or POS. To my surprise it also included a set of block-out/blank plates. Not sure what for, maybe to fill the hole when the LED's fail and you have to repair them!?

I also read about bad, unreadable or no existent installation instructions. Mine came with a decent color printed sheet and it explained the basics. Any decent mechanic/tinkerer can figure these out. The most challenging part is popping the mirror off the "tabs" that hold it to the pan/tilt plate and then disconnecting the electrical connections (if you have dimming/heated mirrors). Take care here because if you damage the electrical or drop the mirror: your buying a new one!

Attachments

• DSCN6952.jpg
    DSCN6952.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN6953.jpg
    DSCN6953.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN6954.jpg
    DSCN6954.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN6955.jpg
    DSCN6955.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 120

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've had the smoke ones on the truck for 2 1/2 years. So far I've had to pull them off twice because they came apart in different areas. The 2nd time I put new LED strips inside of them and were WAY brighter and much needed upgrade (there's a thread on here about it). The worse part is the lens faded quickly. When it was new, it matched the black on the mirror. Now it just stands out. I've tried to cover it up with vinyl, but still blah.

If I was to do it over again, I wouldn't have purchased Recon... I'd find an alternative, at the min, the reflector delete mod.