Recon "LED" Illuminated Fender Logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE #2: I took out the Recon unit, tested the wires directly to power source and the LED light was completely out. Opened up the unit by popping out the plastic housing with the reflector and LED light strip. Tested wires to power again and was able to get half of the LED lights to turn on.

Anyone have experience with RECON warranty? if not, has anyone replaced the little LED light strip inside this unit?

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 122

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know a good source for buying LED strips? The one in the Recon SVT unit is a hard plastic strip with 6 amber LED lights. It is 7.5cm long, about .3cm wide and .15cm high.

GavsterMurf11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE #2: I took out the Recon unit, tested the wires directly to power source and the LED light was completely out. Opened up the unit by popping out the plastic housing with the reflector and LED light strip. Tested wires to power again and was able to get half of the LED lights to turn on.

Anyone have experience with RECON warranty? if not, has anyone replaced the little LED light strip inside this unit?

I had a little problem just last week, it rained a bunch and I noticed a ton of moisture leaked into my Smoked Tailights & then I emailed them explaining the situation. They didn't reply right away, but two days later they said they would send me a new set for free and sure enough they came about 5 days later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
2 Amber Yellow Bright 6" 18 LED Waterproof 12V DC Flexible Light Strip | eBay

This looks fairly close, but may be too wide barely. Good part with this is you'd have more LEDs for the strip. I believe you should be able to grind down the sides of the board with no issues to fit in the ReCon case.

2 Amber Bright 6" 18 LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip Black PCB IP65 | eBay

Little more narrow and water proof

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Not much cheaper, but here's some in 3" strips. My only concern is the "waterproof" part of the strips and if they will fit properly.

2 Amber Bright 3" 9 LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip Black PCB Backing IP65 | eBay

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything... But seeing more of the recon stuff, I have some ideas. It'll be a while before I have time to look further, but wanted to help out a fellow Raptor owner.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Ordered my best pic of above links on 9th. Only shipping from College Station, TX but been in lafayette, la since 12th. Just sent a message to them asking what the delay is, I should have had them monday at latest. I think I can make some replica Recon fender vent LEDs with them, but until I have in hand to play not sure if possible.