Recon "LED" Illuminated Fender Logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen these? Thoughts?

I would think they have to be better than the EL Tape (and brighter too)

Ford SVT RAPTOR Illuminated Fender Emblems

I called Recon and spoke to them about this mod. They told me that they come with the side fender vents and have the LED already installed. The wiring goes directly to the LED markers in the front of the fender for their power.

They are carrying a 1 year warranty on them as well.

I like this idea because I had to pull out my EL Tape due to discoloring at first. Then the black transformer box (or whatever it is called) caught on fire one day and melted down by about 50%. I pulled the wiring and decided to hold off.

This has come along and I'm thinking about it.

Give me your thoughts...

product_photo-large_image-1604.jpg

product_photo-large_image-1600.jpg

product_photo-large_image-1605.jpg

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the blue but I think I'd like to see it in person. 200 seems a little steep as well.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The red is tempting but yeah, seems a bit overpriced. How much are replacement vents? The DIY mod is like chump change compaired to this, isn't it?

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100 each...maybe its me but it doesn't seem that bad....the EL tape prob costs at least 20 a side...plus the vent....30 - 40 bucks...I just may order them

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it's chump change at $50. But in retrospect, that's $50 that's sitting in the trash right now with a melted transformer and discolored EL Tape. It made it about 10 months and that was it....

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 each...maybe its me but it doesn't seem that bad....the EL tape prob costs at least 20 a side...plus the vent....30 - 40 bucks...I just may order them

Ok that's what I was wondering. In that case, it doesn't seem bad at all. I may have to order a set also. I hope the instructions are better than for the 3rd brake light though. That was a pain the ass.

Kinda sucks that they don't ship for a month, though.

Last edited: