GEN 1 Recon housing bulb options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CL REDBEARD

Reaction score
I've been searching for a couple days and haven't come across anything necessarily covering what I need, so here it is, let me know if there's already a thread for it...

I have a 2011 that has all Recon lights (head, tail, 3rd brake) with the projectors and halos in the head. But the previous owner kept halogens in it.

I recently ordered some LED bulbs, but failed to check the housing first, and just ordered H13s that I found when I looked up the stock bulb. Found out after they came in that the Recon housing is H1. Luckily the H13s will fit our Jeep. My issue is, after doing a little more research on products and reviews, and trying to match what I want, I'm thinking I may just go HID.

I suppose to get to the question here, are there any sub-$100 LED options that go well in a projector housing? If not I'm looking at the DDM Tuning HID kit. Found it on Amazon for $60, which is around what I'm wanting to spend (I'm being cheap, yes. Also being broke at the moment doesn't help.)

Anybody have install pics of either LED or HID in a Recon housing? I'm also wondering how painful it will be to install, because for the LED strips in the Recon housing, there are a few added wires running around, some connected to the stock plug. So I'd have to relocate, reconnect those if I switch out the plug.

This is the Recon housing I have btw... (not my picture, found on Google.)
recon_264190bk.jpg