Recon Ford License Plate Illumination Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recon Ford License Plate Illumination Kit

Has anyone used these yet? They look kind of cool. Seems like you could get some additional rear marker lights near your license plate. I'm thinking either red or amber would be legal. I've heard a lot about Recon lack of quality and was curious about these. I think they are fairly new.

Thanks
Xian

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like most of recons light accessories of that nature, way to expensive for what it is.

OP
OP
X

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, they are expensive. But then again, what isn't expensive for our trucks. Just wanted to see if anyone actually has them. The pictures are not what the actual product looks like on a Raptor and I'm curious. I think it would blend nicely with the factory marker lights. Are those 3 watts as well?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$100? Geeze, those guys are shameless.
You can get an LED license plate illumination bar fro Auto Zone for less than $20. It works great and isn't failure prone.

OP
OP
X

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those LED license plate bars are not street legal, At least not in Connecticut. Most license plate light bars look so ricer, it's not even funny. I see no reason why these would not be street legal. Maybe I'll be a sucker and try them. Might be the worst $100 bux I spent, but it would satisfy my curiousity. haha

OP
OP
X

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post a review for everyone up here when they come in. Just ordered them today.