Recon Extreme or Plasmaglow Firestorm tailgate light bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with either one if these? Either one would suit me, just don't know about the quality. Can someone persuade be one way or the other?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the frequency of QC and reliability issues with Recon, I would suggest giving Plasmaglow a try.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I have the new Recon bar and its hands down much better than any bar I have seen around. Its brighter than the factory taillights! I was having some connection issues, but I think it was because of a sticking relay not related to the light bar. We connected the +12v from the charging circuit of the tow package. Raptors don't come with that relay installed (can't remember if I had one in the glove box, but others have said the 12s come with it). If you hook it up that way the bar only comes on when the engine is running not when you hit the unlock/lock which I prefer. Overall I'm happy with the bar, and a must for anyone considering the tinted taillight option.

IMG8576-L.jpg

IMG8582-L.jpg

IMG8584-L.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dolfanatic1399

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the new Recon bar and its hands down much better than any bar I have seen around. Its brighter than the factory taillights! I was having some connection issues, but I think it was because of a sticking relay not related to the light bar. We connected the +12v from the charging circuit of the tow package. Raptors don't come with that relay installed (can't remember if I had one in the glove box, but others have said the 12s come with it). If you hook it up that way the bar only comes on when the engine is running not when you hit the unlock/lock which I prefer. Overall I'm happy with the bar, and a must for anyone considering the tinted taillight option.

IMG8576-L.jpg

IMG8582-L.jpg

IMG8584-L.jpg

I have installed the recon smoked tails. Would like to compliment them with a nice tailgate bar. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I would contact Recon about adding the light bar and the taillights. There was one guy that couldn't get them to play nice together with the fast flashing. Just be sure and let them know you want to run them both in case it requires a different resistor setup.