Rear facing light in Alpha1 Bed Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to put a couple Duallys on my Alpha1 Bed Rack and couldn't remember the outside diameter of the tubing used. Anyone remember? Their site is apparently a little broken as the item page doesn't come up.

Also, Rigid's Bar Mount Kits are pretty specific (1.5", 1.625", 1.7", 1.75", etc.). Since the Alpha1 is LineX'd, should I get the next size bigger?

Finally, is $75 for the Rigid kit really worth it? Seems awfully high for what it is.

Thoughts?

Oh, one more thing. Is the Rigid Bar Mount tall enough to get over the tailgate?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Don't have the Alpha1 but my rack is Line-x too. The brackets for the size was too small and the next size up was too big. I ended up having to grind off some of the Line-x to get the bracket on snug. I think the bracket prices are ridiculous.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually use the tire strap to hold my rear dust light in place. Been on lots of runs and has never moved. It also gets the dust light a bit higher up and saved a few bucks versus buying a bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 123

bikerglen

Reaction score
There’s a company called fourtreks that makes some pretty nice roll bar / tubing mounts for lights and fire extinguishers and GoPros and lots of other things. No affiliation but I do have one of their mounts on my Jeep that I used to mount an aftermarket CHMSL above my oversized spare tire.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jondle,
If you're looking at different options, we do have some 1.5" ,1.75" ,and 2"tube mounts.

LED Horizontal Mount 1.75"
617608.jpg

MSRP: $34.99 each
FRF: $31.49

We are Located in San Marcos, CA. North County San Diego.
Feel free to come on by if you want to take a look!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

OP
OP
jondle

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jondle,
If you're looking at different options, we do have some 1.5" ,1.75" ,and 2"tube mounts.

617608.jpg

MSRP: $34.99 each
FRF: $31.49

We are Located in San Marcos, CA. North County San Diego.
Feel free to come on by if you want to take a look!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

Thanks a lot. I ended up ordering these by Rugged Ridge because they are slightly adjustable so they should fit over the Line-X: 41Zoc3balHL.jpg

If those don't work out I'll definitely swing by and pick up those mounts. They look significantly better than the one I ordered.

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you probably got this taken care of, but we offer tube clamp mounts as well, for a much more reasonable price ($35 a pair). They come in the typical sizes, 1"-2" in .25" increments, but with the linex you would run into the same issue. there is another option we are looking into though as I've run into this problem several times before. Its an x clamp that looks like it may provide a little bit of wiggle room for textured coatings.

Attachments

• xclamp.jpg
    xclamp.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 224
  • tube_clamp_small.jpg
    tube_clamp_small.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
jondle

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you probably got this taken care of, but we offer tube clamp mounts as well, for a much more reasonable price ($35 a pair). They come in the typical sizes, 1"-2" in .25" increments, but with the linex you would run into the same issue. there is another option we are looking into though as I've run into this problem several times before. Its an x clamp that looks like it may provide a little bit of wiggle room for textured coatings.

Thanks for looking out, but yeah, I got it taken care of. The mounts I bought worked out really well; simple and in that same reasonable price range. The variable size made it easy for the Line-X'd bar. An added bonus, I set the mount at a 45 degree and the light at a 45 degree and was able to get an extra inch of height to clear the tail gate.

rearAmber.jpg