rear dust/collision lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed these or thought about it? im going to have something fabricated this month to put some on and im looking for suggestions on the lights to use? brand/watts/ yellow or amber/LED or Halogen???

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you have the HID reverse lights - if so just put your Raptor in reverse :mrgreen:

I talked about this on our Afton Canyon trip - it would be a good thing to have. I suggested putting two pairs of Duallys (Rigid Industries LED lights) under the truck as others have done using them as reverse lights. One pair of clears for reverse lights (which you don't need since you have the HIDs) and one pair of ambers for use in the dust/dirt.

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really like the idea of LED's being under the truck for a number of reasons.....im thinking something a little bigger and higher up. But thanks. I'll leave it up to my fab guy.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it were me, I would go with a single Rigid amber "dually" mounted above the bed rail on a simple bracket.

(I like the led's because they are bright and reliable)

Contact Taylor at Rigid Industries and I'm sure he can give you some ideas.

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for this use, would a beam or flood/fog pattern be better?

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your potential use. if you are going to use it as a work light or just as reverse travel lights. I have skinned buck, elk, and javalena by a hella flood that I had on the back of my 59 Dodge Power Wagon.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gut feeling would be to go with the fog/flood... but ask Taylor, he's the expert.

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well one way to be safe get a amber fog and driving light and put one on each side!