Rear 25in LED Light Bar Installed (w/photo)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegeneral101

Reaction score
I installed a rear LED bar this weekend primarily for lighting up my camp sites and off-roading when no one is behind me. I absolutely love it, and it such a clean, stock look. Very bright at night, and has ample balance of spot and flood.

I ran a 1/4in tube along the frame with 14 gauge wiring inside. 25 feet in total. Used uplifter switch 3.

I placed it between the hitch receiver and bumper (I know a little low). But it settles in there perfectly and looks stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20151124_195521.jpg
    IMG_20151124_195521.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 137

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed a rear LED bar this weekend primarily for lighting up my camp sites and off-roading when no one is behind me. I absolutely love it, and it such a clean, stock look. Very bright at night, and has ample balance of spot and flood.

I ran a 1/4in tube along the frame with 14 gauge wiring inside. 25 feet in total. Used uplifter switch 3.

I placed it between the hitch receiver and bumper (I know a little low). But it settles in there perfectly and looks stock.
Got any more pics on his you mounted it?

As for setting up camp. Great idea.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

OP
OP
thegeneral101

thegeneral101

Reaction score
I'll snap a few more pics with it off later. If you look under the bumper you'll see two rubber grommets. I removed those and used the holes to secure the bumper and the light with 90 degree brackets. Replaced the grommets with bolts.

And surprisingly it doesn't wash out the camera at all -- because its so low. And I think its a bit further out than the camera so the light becomes beneficial.

The light isn't too low to light things 12-14ft high in the distance given that many of the LEDs are flood.

OP
OP
thegeneral101

thegeneral101

Reaction score
Here are a few more photos.

Photo of the install for fitment pre-wiring. I added spacers to the top part of the bolts so I can adjust both sides. Right now its sitting slightly uneven, just need to move two spacers. Will do that tomorrow.

The backup camera doesn't wash out at all as shown in the photo.

And then a side-view of the light when running. The light doesn't have a crazy wide angle, which I am good with. it lights the width of the truck and a bit more 6-ft out and further.

I forgot to mention earlier -- one of my original concerns was that the light would affect trailer pulling ability with the hitch receiver. Fortunately, I pulled a sure-trac yesterday and there were no issues at all!

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_181524.jpg
    IMG_20151121_181524.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20151125_110904.jpg
    IMG_20151125_110904.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20151125_110824.jpg
    IMG_20151125_110824.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
thegeneral101

thegeneral101

Reaction score
I purchased the "u-Box Cree Chip 1" Extreme Slim 25inch 72W Led Light Bar Work Lights Flood Spot Combo Beam" from Amazon. The brackets it comes with actualy line up with the holes on the bumper. I modified them slightly to make sure it fit perfectly, but you can use their mounts.

I purchased longer bolts and washers to "trim" the sides for alignment.

Used 14 gauge wiring to the front of the vehicle protected by 1/4in black tubing running along the frame. I secured to the frame witha combination of 1/4in frame clips and zip ties when I ran it along the driver's side wiring harness.

Amazon.com: u-Box Cree Chip 1" Extreme Slim 25inch 72W Led Light Bar Work Lights Flood Spot Combo Beam Waterproof for 4wd SUV UTE Offroad Truck ATV UTV: Automotive

The light is so cheap, I figure if it burns out I can always get another -- or try a different one. So far so good. Just experimenting because I liked the stock feel of this placement.