RDFTS Lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Was out tonight on our property and did a little test with my lights.

First pic is just with low beam then leaving the previous set on, building upon each:
zutudy4e.jpg

High beam
buja4e3a.jpg

40" Blackhawk behind grill
2ave8u2a.jpg

30" Blackhawk behind grill
anebu6e9.jpg

Now my new WSI Faux Hawk lightbar with three 12" Whelen dual (wow!)
uteqetut.jpg

Turned off the 30" and 40", leaving just the Whelens and low beam
naqytesy.jpg

The Whelens are so bright its like the 30" & 40" doesn't even matter anymore.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it's just the pictures, but it doesn't look like a very big difference with your 40 and 30. What do you do for side lighting?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I'm sure it's just the pictures, but it doesn't look like a very big difference with your 40 and 30. What do you do for side lighting?

Just have the 3 sets of lights, 40", 30" and the three whelens up top.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not telling you what to do, but you might want to try turning your outer Whelens to a slightly outer angle. Based on your pictures, it appears very narrow.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

You are not, always looking for suggestions. First time actually testing the whelens. Out of the box they are spot by default. Each one came with replacement lens. Full flood 40• x 20• or split flood and spot 8•. Perhaps I will play around with those on the end ones and see how it does.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are not, always looking for suggestions. First time actually testing the whelens. Out of the box they are spot by default. Each one came with replacement lens. Full flood 40• x 20• or split flood and spot 8•. Perhaps I will play around with those on the end ones and see how it does.

The 40x would be a good choice for the outer two lights as it will direct some light to the sides.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com