Radius bend in LED bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Represent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any1 know of a led bar the has a radius bend in it? looking 4 something to go over the top of the windshield but don't want a standard straight bar

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
don't think so. i think it would require a bend in the circuit board they are soldered to. your best bet is buying a few smaller ones and mounting them in the shape you're looking for.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any1 know of a led bar the has a radius bend in it? looking 4 something to go over the top of the windshield but don't want a standard straight bar

If it's possible and ever comes out, I will be all about it.....the light spread would be the shit while you're sliding sideways through a dirt drift at night. :driver:

With all the forward facing lighting I have, that's the only scenario where I ever catch a "blind" spot, particularly because I have dark tint on my windows.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
What about a 6" or smaller LED bar on each side aimed outward a bit? That'd take care of that blind spot you mentioned Bo.

As for the curved led bar. That would be bad ass!

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing like that, but as others said, just get a few 10" or 20" bars and you'll be set with the beam you need. a 40 degree wide beam also helps

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no logical reason to have a long straight LED off road light bar!
But the extruded aluminum housings are straight, and it is so easy slapping in the LED’s, circuit boards and reflectors; instead of first performing a logical bending of the extrusion and matching the arrangement of the LED’s and there reflectors to the new shape.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
PropDr, the circuit boards are going to be your limitation. I'm sure they could bend those as well, but it's just going to make the entire process more expensive by having to use custom circuit boards.

Also, what radius do they bend them to? A bend that works for one application may not be a "one size fits all" solution for others.

That's what the straight bar brings to the table, it's universal. It may not be the ideal shape, but you can use it on everything.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Here's a thought. If you want a curved bar, take some small LED lights like the new ones M&R came out with for exampe (but not limited to those) and get your own custom curved housing made to hold a bunch of those and just set them in. There's going to be small gaps just due to the curvature, but it would allow you to mix and match spot and flood in any combo you wanted.

So basically, a curved enclosure to hold a ton of these smaller LEDs to make the bar you guys are talking about.