Puddle/Cargo lighting circuit problem.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyr145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 SCrew Raptor. I was going to install some LED's in the cargo and puddle lamps but before I could even get started, I noticed that the lights weren't even coming on at all when I opened the door or turn on the cargo lights manually from the switch.

I started by checking the fuse (#12 according to fuse guide in owners manual.) I know the circuit is getting power because according to the owners manual, the #12 fuse also controls the interior lights meaning the map & dome lights on the same circuit.

Next, I went to looking at the bulbs on the cargo light. I checked both of them on a meter for continuity and they both read good.

Does anyone have solution to this, or what I might check next?
Thanks for any information.

scootr2200

Reaction score
I had this problem and ended up having to get my BCM replaced.

I tracked it down by using my OBD2 Bluetooth and Forscan to read trouble codes. The code came up and Inwas able to do some Googling to find that the BCM was at fault. What was strange was my SCT X4 did not show the code, only Forscan.

Mickey