Problem with Rigid D2 light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will have a skinny one coming off your upfitter switch that must be wired to one of the pass through wires. the passthrough wires are solid colors and all of the same gauge.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the engine bay you have 4 solid color wires to chose from, what ever color wire your light is connected to must be connected to the upfitter wire under the dash.

Attachments

• SAM_7007.jpg
    SAM_7007.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
  • SAM_7005.jpg
    SAM_7005.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 77

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might have joined two upfitter wires together if they are both skinny wires.

OP
OP
M

midipuppies

Reaction score
In the engine bay you have 4 solid color wires to chose from, what ever color wire your light is connected to must be connected to the upfitter wire under the dash.

Gotcha. In the engine compartment I have each set of lights wired to a different colour of pass thru's. The only spare in there now is purple. I can't remember off hand what I did under the dash today. I know that the 20" bar on aux 1 was red to yellow. The rest I followed the Rigid instructions. The skinny wire thing was just me getting desperate. So those skinny wires are for which switch?

Jay

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The two skinny ones have lower amp fuses I think they are switch 3 and 4.
If you look at the first picture I posted you can see the skinny brown and the skinny purple they are both connected to thicker passthrough wires and can not be connected to each other.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'd say the same. I know not all te wires are the same right? I honk they changed the wire colors after the 2010's I think cause I followed bigJ's write up and te colors were not the same on mine!

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's right the wires from the switches are different gauges but all the passthrough wires are the same gauge.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh ok I misunderstood what he was trying to explain.. My bad haha yea it's easy to get mixed up under there they really don't give you a lot of room to work with lol