Problem with Rigid D2 light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midipuppies

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Fantastic forum!

So I installed the Rigid 20" bar and just got finished installing a set of D2 floods and D2 spots. I used the instructions that I found here in this section and wired the aux switches accordingly. The light bar is on aux 1 and works great.
The set of spots are on aux 2 and work. The last set (floods) refuses to work off of aux 3. I triple checked the wiring/grounds and all was good. I discovered a blown 15A fuse and replaced it but still nothing.
I rigged up the harness with the supplied switch that came with the lights and it worked as expected.
It seems as if the aux 3 switch is the issue but I doubt it. I can hear the relay clicking in and out as I toggle it on and off.
I checked all of the fuses that are related to that aux buss and they all seem fine.
Don't know what I am missing as I wired up the other lights in the same fashion.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jay

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Double check the wiring if the aux 3. Not sure if you soldered or crimped but that would be the next step

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It very well could be the aux switch itself. I read that someone else had a switch that didn't work either but can't remember who it was for the life of me! If you're still covered under warranty have the dealership check it out

OP
OP
M

midipuppies

Reaction score
It very well could be the aux switch itself. I read that someone else had a switch that didn't work either but can't remember who it was for the life of me! If you're still covered under warranty have the dealership check it out

Thanks for that. I thought about it at the time so I tried aux 4. To wire aux 4, I wasn't sure on the wires to join in the dash, so I wired skinny brown to skinny purple if I recall. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to break the working two connections in the engine bay and try the set that I can't get working to eliminate a defective switch.
Are there any other fuses that might affect the aux 3 besides the one that is mentioned in the manual (position 44 I think) ?

Jay

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it blew a fuse the first time? Have you checked to see if the second fuse blew?

NTXrptr

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I wired my 2012 with the Rigid fog light kit. The upfitter wire the instructions say to mate with the pass thru wire was incorrect. Check the Raptor owner manual to verify the color combo coming from the up fitter switch is the correct one. I called Rigid after I discovered the discrepancy. They said Ford changed the wires in the later models. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

midipuppies

Reaction score
So it blew a fuse the first time? Have you checked to see if the second fuse blew?

Yeah, it never happened again. I figured it happened when I was making the initial connections as its pretty tight around the firewall there. I couldn't get it to blow again though.

Jay

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I had a similar issue when I wired my 2012 with the Rigid fog light kit. The upfitter wire the instructions say to mate with the pass thru wire was incorrect. Check the Raptor owner manual to verify the color combo coming from the up fitter switch is the correct one. I called Rigid after I discovered the discrepancy. They said Ford changed the wires in the later models. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much. I will check that first thing in the morning. I did find the Rigid instructions a bit vague.....

Jay

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Skinny wire to skinny wire does not make sense as all the pass through wires are the same gauge.