Preventing A-pillars light theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@bajadesigns What about the washer and lock washer though? Why didn't you make them solid?
/QUOTE]

I'm sorry - I don't think I understand your question. What exactly are you asking?

A split lock washer is designed to have an opening. You could replace with a serrated lock washer if that is what you're looking for.

Sorry about any confusion

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking outside the box- I assume you only use these offroad, and that's not an everyday thing? If so, why doesn't a light manufacturer make the bracket/light base so it really EASY to remove, then you can leave them off until you actually need them. Keeps them out of weather and the UV as well as not being stolen.

It'd take some fancy figuring and some metal melting/whittlin to do it yourself, but with a taper, or dovetail, something could be made to lock them tight with a repeatable aim as it's remounted. Maybe look towards the firearms industry's quick disconnect scope mounts for some inspiration.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thinking outside the box- I assume you only use these offroad, and that's not an everyday thing? If so, why doesn't a light manufacturer make the bracket/light base so it really EASY to remove, then you can leave them off until you actually need them. Keeps them out of weather and the UV as well as not being stolen.

It'd take some fancy figuring and some metal melting/whittlin to do it yourself, but with a taper, or dovetail, something could be made to lock them tight with a repeatable aim as it's remounted. Maybe look towards the firearms industry's quick disconnect scope mounts for some inspiration.

I'd bet ya if you wanted to, you could make the quick release bicycle skewer throw lever hardware work.

It would most likely be less expensive than firearms industry related parts.

Or perhaps you could make dzus style hardware work.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'd bet ya if you wanted to, you could make the quick release bicycle skewer throw lever hardware work.

It would most likely be less expensive than firearms industry related parts.

Or perhaps you could make dzus style hardware work.

Quick detach, picatinny rail mount points, attachment and quick detach weather proof electrical connectors. Or it’s not tactical. :biggrin:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s only one thing wrong with that first picture.

He’s missing his “That guy” morale patch.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bajadesigns What about the washer and lock washer though? Why didn't you make them solid?
/QUOTE]

I'm sorry - I don't think I understand your question. What exactly are you asking?

A split lock washer is designed to have an opening. You could replace with a serrated lock washer if that is what you're looking for.

Sorry about any confusion

A serrated washer would work. The bracket hardware on lights I have used/using all goes bolt, washer, locking washer, nut. It looks like you don't run the washer or locking washer with your sercurity set up? If the nuts weren't recessed it wouldn't be an issue, but the serrated locking washer fixes that.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all my lights are tied into my alarm system. alarm system also tied into train horn. my modification will void any warranty on the lights though

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A serrated washer would work. The bracket hardware on lights I have used/using all goes bolt, washer, locking washer, nut. It looks like you don't run the washer or locking washer with your sercurity set up? If the nuts weren't recessed it wouldn't be an issue, but the serrated locking washer fixes that.

Correct - one of the washers doesn't get used when installing the security nut. You can place the split lock washer below the bolt head if you'd like or use the standard washer instead.