Post Your Lighting Build Pics - Let Your Lights Shine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's see your light builds! Completed or still a work in progress. Heads or Tails. Onroad or Offroad. Hood mounts, Light Bars, Roof Racks or Bed Racks. Forward or Rear Facing. Pics of them on the truck, and output pics at night. Why you went the way ya did and any special wiring tips or tricks.

Some FRF guys have light setups that are more functional and some are more for show. And some are amazing works of art. I'm still getting ideas, as are many others. Let's see 'em!

As for me: For the longest time, I muddled around aimlessly trying to find the right lighting combo for my truck. I would see various looks that I liked, but they were scattered here and there and I could never quite pull it together.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and my light mods were born here getting ideas from rigs all over this forum. Thanks guys.

My Light Mod Pics:

After I killed my front bumper chasing the lighted crazies around at Lil Sahara, I knew it was time to get it done. For now I am keeping the stock bumpers because my old garage is a tight fit with just a few inches to spare, but also because I can replace them very cheaply when they get banged up thanks to all the surplus takeoffs out there.

Here's what I came up with:

(Special Thanks! to WSI Jimmy, the TMX guys, and of course the legendary Dawson at Raptor Retrofit)

REAR:

Laminex Smoked 3rd Brake Light

Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights

zajyjama.jpg
6avanyzy.jpg
ate4yne8.jpg

Rigid Dually Floods for reverse and work lighting - stealthy install under the bed. These are tucked up in a strategic location behind the rear leaf mount which protects them when offroading. (I may switch to Diffusion Lenses for better close-up coverage, although the Floods have a much better pattern at this lower angle compared to the higher flush-mount bumper approach).
7yredezy.jpg
u5u3yna7.jpg
emy7esut.jpg

Stealthy Rear Dually Flood Output
apuse5yz.jpg
ateme9ys.jpg
me7ahaqa.jpg
y7a7edy7.jpg

Garage - Rear Camera view
ahutubyb.jpg

FRONT:

Rigid Dually Spots - driving lights (much less bright than D2's and safely aimed down slightly so won't blind oncoming traffic.

Whelan Micro Pioneers - around the license plate (with Spot lens covers for use as driving lights - come with 3 other flood lens combinations)

Rigid 40" Light Bar - behind grill (Spot center pattern with Flood on the edges)

Raptor Retrofit 2013 Black HID Headlights with EVO-X 50 watt bulb upgrade and LED strips with Evil Eye for that mean menacing presence. Having the LED's on separate switches allows for.........

BEASTLY RAPTOR MOOD LIGHTING!

Stealthy Mean Looking Raptor

Dirty
eqapusag.jpg

Clean
eqehebub.jpg
equ3uzuq.jpg

Running Lights Mean Raptor
uzu4e2a3.jpg
yda4ebep.jpg

Driving Lights Mean Raptor
haqeqema.jpg
u3u7yguj.jpg

Sexy Raptor
hugusame.jpg
aqeda8yz.jpg

Driving Lights Sexy Raptor
eraty2yn.jpg
y9a5e8a9.jpg

Hey Over Here! Sexy Raptor

Day
mupapegu.jpg
u9usymyj.jpg
aja3erah.jpg
unusury9.jpg

Night
agerevet.jpg

Offroad Sexy Beast Raptor
azeqamuj.jpg
yjyre5ug.jpg
etada7e5.jpg

Mean Looking For Trouble Raptor
ne4a2ena.jpg
4ete4emy.jpg
gurusave.jpg

Driving Lights Here Comes Trouble Raptor
yrysetet.jpg
eqedeta4.jpg

Out Of My Way Rabble Rousing Raptor
4e3u4yda.jpg
aqydyze9.jpg

Berserk Take No Prisoners Raptor
yha5u4an.jpg

Last edited:

Chase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn good looking truck. Not to steer the thread off topic but did you smoke your rear Ford emblem?

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yeah, when I first got the truck I was going for a Rolling Blackout look (still am) so I tinted the windows and smoked everything like a crazed crackho haha. Laminex on the heads and tails (a temporary look until I could decide which way to go - but dirt got under the edges when offroading and the trapped headlight heat cracked its outer casing - so mediocre for tails and definitely bad for heads!)

But, smoked Laminex was a winner for the 3rd brake light, and rear Ford emblem (Plastidip on the chrome oval surrounding it). It is very thick, durable film and has held up well on these two items.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll add a few hope new soon.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

here is the first lights ridged fog's.
3779-img-0013.jpg
[/IMG]
dusk I knew I needed some new hid lights soon risworks is on it.
5969-img-0548.jpg
[/IMG]
while I wait showtime
6252-img-0073.jpg
[/IMG]
6257-img-0005-2.jpg
[/IMG]
6255-img-0018.jpg
[/IMG]
the blue lights are ridged A-series led Accessory light-High strength.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet set-up Mute!!!! :patriot:

I should have my Dawson specials in another week. I ordered almost the exact same set-up as you got, so thanks for posting cause now I can appreciate how badass they look!!! :jawdrop:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see your light builds! Completed or still a work in progress. Heads or Tails. Onroad or Offroad. Hood mounts, Light Bars, Roof Racks or Bed Racks. Forward or Rear Facing. Pics of them on the truck, and output pics at night. Why you went the way ya did and any special wiring tips or tricks.

Some FRF guys have light setups that are more functional and some are more for show. And some are amazing works of art. I'm still getting ideas, as are many others. Let's see 'em!

As for me: For the longest time, I muddled around aimlessly trying to find the right lighting combo for my truck. I would see various looks that I liked, but they were scattered here and there and I could never quite pull it together.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and my light mods were born here getting ideas from rigs all over this forum. Thanks guys.

My Light Mod Pics:

After I killed my front bumper chasing the lighted crazies around at Lil Sahara, I knew it was time to get it done. For now I am keeping the stock bumpers because my old garage is a tight fit with just a few inches to spare, but also because I can replace them very cheaply when they get banged up thanks to all the surplus takeoffs out there.

Here's what I came up with:

(Special Thanks! to WSI Jimmy, the TMX guys, and of course the legendary Dawson at Raptor Retrofit)

REAR:

Rigid Dually Floods for reverse and work lighting - stealthy install under the bed. These are tucked up in a strategic location behind the rear leaf mount which protects them when offroading. (I may switch to Diffusion Lenses for better close-up coverage, although the Floods have a much better pattern at this lower angle compared to the higher flush-mount bumper approach).
7yredezy.jpg
u5u3yna7.jpg
emy7esut.jpg

Stealthy Rear Dually Flood Output
apuse5yz.jpg
ateme9ys.jpg
me7ahaqa.jpg

WOW that looks great!!! How did you mount the Dually Floods??? Can you post a close up pic of the mounting? That is what I am looking to do, a nice clean look still with great light output.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These rear lights are a stealthy install alternative to bumper flush mounts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210896.237225.jpg

I have them aimed down slightly but they can be adjusted upward as well. On an Offroad Run I think that being aimed slightly down they will light up the path for the following Raptor without blinding the driver

After close inspection and measuring, I determined that offroad they would be out of harm's way mounted to the rear leaf shackle. Just need to drill one hole and easily installs using Rigid's hardware.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210975.286568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211056.236568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211156.686169.jpg

These are Rigid Floods which were previously on the front of my truck (if ordering them new, most guys are very happy with Rigid's Diffusion version for rear flush mounts. I believe I will keep the floods as they really light it up for a great distance when mounted at this lower angle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211205.869746.jpg

I can now see the fence clearly at the end of my long driveway so I know I'm not running over kids, dogs, or cars.

I extreme tested this setup plowing sand and jumping dunes at Lil Sahara and they came away unscathed 3ara5ydy.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210896.237225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210896.237225.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 256
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210975.286568.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372210975.286568.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 227
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211056.236568.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211056.236568.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 238
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211156.686169.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211156.686169.jpg