Pics from the "Candlepower Showdown" in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had informal plans to hold a Candlepower Showdown while we were in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park on Raptor Run 4.

But after a full day of driving we all were pretty tired and so most of us ended up staying in camp after our delicious dinners and some beverages :)

Instead of the Candlepower Showdown we had a "Let's turn our lights on and take some pictures" using two Raptors: Chad's and Tim's.

Here's Chad's white Raptor with the Ford Racing lightbar and 4 KC HID's on top (outer lights are driving pattern beams and the inner two are spot or pencil beams). I don't believe the KC spot lights were working properly at the time. Chad also has the Vision X Xmitter LED lightbar mounted to the Ford Racing lightbar below the KC HIDs.

Really impressive (BLINDING) lights!

IMG_2364.jpg

Head-on view:

IMG_2365.jpg

This picture doesn't come close to demonstrating the awesome candlepower from either of these two Raptors:

IMG_2366.jpg

Tim also has the Ford Racing lightbar on his blue Raptor and he put 4 KC HID lights on his lightbar. He has two spot beams in the middle and two spread pattern (driving) beams on the outside of the two inner spots. His KC HID lights are 50 watt units and they put out incredible amounts of light. Really BLINDING!

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

Both of their light setups were so bright that I started feeling nauseous - really! It lasted for at least a half hour after looking at them - those lights are really really bright!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both look great. A lighting distance comparison would have been cool but I understand the situation. Like I said though, they both look great.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We'll have to do a distance comparo on The Mojave Road. Tim is coming and I think Chad is too? Dan, you'll probably want to hang out in the tent while we do it though... don't want your delicate sensibilities offended :mrgreen:

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tim emailed me and said he's renting a Hummer H2. I believe he's serious as he's into the garage queen thing :) The good news is we can let him go before us and be the brush-breaker. :D

I'll contact Chad and see if he wants to go.

And as for me staying on the porch :D YOU get in front of those lights and look at them and then we can talk. :)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tim emailed me and said he's renting a Hummer H2. I believe he's serious as he's into the garage queen thing :)
Say it aint so! :doh:

The good news is we can let him go before us and be the brush-breaker. :D
True. But that don't make it right :p

I'll contact Chad and see if he wants to go.

And as for me staying on the porch :D YOU get in front of those lights and look at them and then we can talk. :)
:) Momma didn't raise no fool :)

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was it again? Where are you meeting from and what time? I remember it was like friday to sunday or something