PIAA Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the PIAA 510 SMR fog lights. After reading several post on how others have mount them I came up with my own. First I bought some flat stock from Home Depot 2" X 3/16" X 4ft. I cut 2 pieces down to about 5" and center and drilled each hole to the manufactures specs. I took them to a local body shop and had them welded to the frame.

Attachments

• DSC00657.jpg
    DSC00657.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00659.jpg
    DSC00659.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00662.jpg
    DSC00662.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC00663.jpg
    DSC00663.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 160

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
it seems i have seen this before:hmm:

:naughty: i love the look. probably gonna end up doing something similar. nice job.

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the PIAA 510 SMR fog lights. After reading several post on how others have mount them I came up with my own. First I bought some flat stock from Home Depot 2" X 3/16" X 4ft. I cut 2 pieces down to about 5" and center and drilled each hole to the manufactures specs. I took them to a local body shop and had them welded to the frame.

Nice install, looks good!
Which uplifter switch did you wire the lights too?
Did you refuse the uplifter switch so you wouldn't be over fusing the PIAA lights?

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired it to Uplifter 1

Ok, how did you wire the PIAA wire harness to the #1 uplifter hot wire under the hood, and where did you ground it at?
Did you leave the PIAA wire harness intact or remove the relays and fuses from the harness and then connect it to the hot uplifter wire under the hood?
Could you snap some pics and post them up of how the PIAA harness looks all connected to the hot uplifter wire under the hood, please sir?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Ok, how did you wire the PIAA wire harness to the #1 uplifter hot wire under the hood, and where did you ground it at?
Did you leave the PIAA wire harness intact or remove the relays and fuses from the harness and then connect it to the hot uplifter wire under the hood?
Could you snap some pics and post them up of how the PIAA harness looks all connected to the hot uplifter wire under the hood, please sir?

Your "Up-fitter" switchs have there own relays built in so you don't need any.
Positive gets connected to the pass thru wire of your choice in the engine compartment most likely Aux 1
and your ground gets connected to the side fender if you want. There is actually a grounding screw right next to the pass thru wires.
It already has one ground on it so just add it to that.
Here is a video I made to help people out

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your "Up-fitter" switchs have there own relays built in so you don't need any.
Positive gets connected to the pass thru wire of your choice in the engine compartment most likely Aux 1
and your ground gets connected to the side fender if you want. There is actually a grounding screw right next to the pass thru wires.
It already has one ground on it so just add it to that.
Here is a video I made to help people out

Thanks Ironman, that helps alot!
I ordered a pair of the PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights, should get them next week sometime, so I don't know yet how many amps they draw.
I'm going to hook them up to the up-fitter #1 aux switch so I need to refuse the #1 aux switch fuse at the fuse block to match the amperage of the PIAA lights.
I was hoping that danmpe would know what the correct fuse size for the PIAA 510 SMR fog lights needs to be since those are the lights that he installed.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Thanks Ironman, that helps alot!
I ordered a pair of the PIAA 510 SMR Fog Lights, should get them next week sometime, so I don't know yet how many amps they draw.
I'm going to hook them up to the up-fitter #1 aux switch so I need to refuse the #1 aux switch fuse at the fuse block to match the amperage of the PIAA lights.
I was hoping that danmpe would know what the correct fuse size for the PIAA 510 SMR fog lights needs to be since those are the lights that he installed.

They may come with an in-line fuse already so just cut that out and use the same amperage rating.